PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to get new passes made again this year?

vonski
11-20-2008, 08:54 AM
I have not seen if one needs to get a new pass picture taken and media made again this year. I was able to get up there early last year and avoided the long lines. I will not be up until late on Friday, So, just trying to plan my Saturday morning.

Yard Sale
11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Adult passes from last year are still good. Child passes from last year need to be updated.

shadyjay
11-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm almost 100% certain that you do need new media this year for a season pass...
one reason is because the year is posted on the passes now.
But if you're a Sugarcard holder... you should be good to go.
One easy way to find out: call 1-800-53-SUGAR.

Yard Sale
11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
While I won't rule out being totally wrong on the topic, I did our passes in October. I was told years all mt 7 media had no year on it, and didn't need replacement.

YS

Hawk
11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
I can confirm the same story as Yard Sale when I asked.

freeheel_skier
11-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I can confirm the same story as Yard Sale when I asked.

Ditto. No waiting in pass lines :D

skierdon
11-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Speaking of passes, when is the best time to pick them up and beat the crowds? I will be up next Friday through Sunday. Friday evening? First thing Saturday morning?

vonski
11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Well, I used old technology and picked up the phone and called. If your pass is different than last year then you need to get a new pass. So, in my instance, I was an all mtn 7 holder last year. This year just Mt. Ellen. So, I will need to get a new pass. The brillance behind this is that the pass office does not open til 9 am just like the chairs. So, much for getting up the mountain at the start. Hopefully, there will be some forsight and perhaps they will open the pass office early on Saturday, or at least print the lists and hand out tickets like they did last year when they realized that the lines were ridiculous. Not looking forward to standing in line though, but it looks like I will have to. :roll:

summitchallenger
11-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Speaking of passes, when is the best time to pick them up and beat the crowds? I will be up next Friday through Sunday. Friday evening? First thing Saturday morning?

Probably ASAP. I got mine a few weeks back...but I recall that line got mighty long on opening day.

win
11-20-2008, 04:50 PM
The simple answer is if your pass has last year's date on it 2007/2008 you need to get a new pass. Adult all-mountain for instance have no date, youth passes do and last year ME passes did as well.