PDA

View Full Version : Skimrv.com message board layout

mattlucas
11-03-2008, 10:07 AM
What do you guys think about rolling the SB + MRG thread paths into the same heading just called "skiing"

MRG just doesn't get the same amount posts, and every once in awhile I miss something good over there. I also think that most of
the people on here take a trip to the other mountain, regardless of their season pass preference once at least once a year.

Desegregating the threads might also make for more spontaneous discussion between people who really only look at one or the other right now.

any thoughts?

Tin Woodsman
11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
It will be discussed.

- The Mgmt

atkinson
11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Merge'em. It's not SKIMRG or SKISB, it's SKIMRV. One Mad River Valley!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/vol34_img151.JPG

John

HowieT2
11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Merge'em. It's not SKIMRG or SKISB, it's SKIMRV. One Mad River Valley!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/vol34_img151.JPG

John

Agreed.

Hardbooter
11-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I also think that most of the people on here take a trip to the other mountain, regardless of their season pass preference once at least once a year.

I'd love to take a trip over there one of these days. However, that might not go over too well with the locals. I hear those scruffy types over at the Glen aren't too friendly.

11-03-2008, 01:40 PM
It will be discussed.

- The Mgmt

Added a poll. You guys figure it out... ;)

ski_resort_observer
11-03-2008, 02:29 PM
merge them, for sure, for sure

mattlucas
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
that no vote can only be explained by a bitter snowboarder!

Lostone
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
No, it could have been someone who doesn't want the mixing of the areas, for a variety of reasons.

As for me...

Frankly, Scarlett... :wink:

Hardbooter
11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Although I've never looked that the MRG forum, I can't imagine that they would be very interested in our discussions of the new base lodge changes or snowmaking. Also, I'm not sure that we Sugarbush folks would be interested in their discussions of how best to whittle your own skis from an oak plank or which kind of wool gives off the best odor when damp. Besides, every third conversation on the Sugarbush board should be about snowboarding since that is clearly the coolest thing that we could discuss given our options. Except of course, our thread about surfing.
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Besides, if we merge the forums then the MRG guys could tell when I'm making fun of them.

canonizer
11-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Although I've never looked that the MRG forum, I can't imagine that they would be very interested in our discussions of the new base lodge changes or snowmaking. Also, I'm not sure that we Sugarbush folks would be interested in their discussions of how best to whittle your own skis from an oak plank or which kind of wool gives off the best odor when damp. Besides, every third conversation on the Sugarbush board should be about snowboarding since that is clearly the coolest thing that we could discuss given our options. Except of course, our thread about surfing.
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Besides, if we merge the forums then the MRG guys could tell when I'm making fun of them.

Hey, in my day we had factories make us skis and lifts carry us up to the top of mountains.

Lostone
11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
When we say merge the forums, it is really the MRG and Sugarbush rooms in this forum. "They" are already here... but it is because "they" are almost never really here that we're thinking of closing out "their" room, and incorporating "them" and "us".

noski
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
When we say merge the forums, it is really the MRG and Sugarbush rooms in this forum. "They" are already here... but it is because "they" are almost never really here that we're thinking of closing out "their" room, and incorporating "them" and "us". :?: :roll: d-e-e-p

Hardbooter
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Let's face it, they never post because they just can't keep up with us. We're just too cool. Either that or they are busy winding up that big rubber band that runs the single chair.

Dellwood
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
The solution is so simple "duct tape" the two threads together! Ahhh, but where would you find duct tape?

ski_resort_observer
11-03-2008, 05:53 PM
We're just too cool. .

"If you have to say your cool then you are definately not cool"

- Fonzie
Happy Days

Lostone
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah... but I was way too cool to watch Happy Days. :roll: :wink:

skibum1321
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Let's face it, they never post because they just can't keep up with us. We're just too cool. Either that or they are busy winding up that big rubber band that runs the single chair.
Either that or "they" are too busy skiing to hang out on a message board...

Hardbooter
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Yup, I'm sure they are busy. The granola isn't going to eat itself, you know. Besides, what could be more important than this message board? Especially, on a Tuesday in November. Umm, oh wait a minute...

ski_resort_observer
11-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Yup, I'm sure they are busy. The granola isn't going to eat itself, you know. Besides, what could be more important than this message board? Especially, on a Tuesday in November. Umm, oh wait a minute...

In Vermont we have early voting. You can go down to the town clerk's office and avoid the Tues, mayhem. I voted last week. :wink:

freeheel_skier
11-04-2008, 02:53 AM

In Vermont we have early voting. You can go down to the town clerk's office and avoid the Tues, mayhem. I voted last week. :wink:

Good for you. Glad to see you are exercising your constitutional right! :roll:

Lostone
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM

And a good thing you did! The mayhem was just incredible! There was actually someone in front of me! :lol:

And it was someone from this board.

And as we were getting to the door, we met another person from the board. He told me that he wasn't going to discuss politics, as we were too close to the polling place, but that he had voted not to merge the rooms. And he said that he was the first one. For the record, he skis, so the idea that it was an angry snowboarder is wrong. :wink:

Go Figure
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
As there is so little of anything going on, in any subforum, why not merge the whole site together.
PS. We went to SR on Sunday and had a great time during the" publicity" event! Hung at the brewpub watching the end of the Giants game and took a room at the Grand Summit.

mattlucas
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
giants game deep in pats country.

well played.