PDA

View Full Version : And the season begins...

SKItheBOAT
10-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Sorry no pictures...i was on a mission today. Skied MRG, only 2-3 inches at the base but about 8in at the top. Some trails skied great and others not so much! All in all though for October one could not ask for better snow!

Last Tracks
10-29-2008, 04:19 PM
i concur with the boat. skied MRG around 3pm today.

nicely manicured blues skiing very well.. antelope, porcupine, also canyon and cat bowl.

bring a ski scraper. ground still not frozen under the snow even at the top. So had problems with skins collecting snow on the way up. might be better in the morning before it warms up?

absolutely worth the hike

ahm
10-30-2008, 07:34 AM
boat and last tracks,

The dangerous situation you put yourself in would not be sanctioned by the likes of win smith and the capable sugarbush mountain team. The potential obstacles of early season skiing at ski areas is just sooooooo dangerous that you should be very very careful not to get hurt. It is just sooooooooo dangerous enjoying that early snow so please be careful while skiing without lifts, patrol, ambassadores, groomers, instructors, cafeteria workers in place to guide you down the trails of mrg :wink:

Dawn Patrol
10-30-2008, 08:16 AM
This thread is worthless without pics...

skiladi
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
This thread is worthless without pics... :worthless:

Got somethin' against our lovely emoticons? ; }

Last Tracks
10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
skied even better this morning.. powder dried out overnight...

no problem skining up, everything solid.

Quacky II skiing real real nice.

Sun was coming out around 11am and will probably sunkiss everything and then crust tonight.

daevious
10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
[deleted]

SKItheBOAT
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
skied even better this morning.. powder dried out overnight...

no problem skining up, everything solid.

Quacky II skiing real real nice.

Yes today skied much better...and the best part is all my tracks from yesterday were filled back in !

Lostone
10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Had to move this thread here as we are in dire need of MRG threads in the MRG booth. :wink: