PDA

View Full Version : Cafeteria prices this winter

happygirl
10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Does anybody know how much your basic lunch is going to cost in the Sugarbush cafeteria? Killington was really high last year.

Hawk
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Well that depends on what your basic lunch is.......don't you think? :wink:

happygirl
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Like sandwitches etc. At Killington, a simple tunafish sandwitch was like $10 without a drink.

Tin Woodsman
10-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Like sandwitches etc. At Killington, a simple tunafish sandwitch was like $10 without a drink.

Not like I've got prices memorized, but I think it's safe to say I'll take the under on the price for a similar sammy at SB. The fresh made sandwiches in the cafeteria at LP are legit and usually come in around $7-9, IIRC.

HowieT2
10-10-2008, 03:43 PM

Can't tell you what the prices will be this year but last year I thought they were relatively reasonable. If I recall correctly the sandwiches were $5-6 as were the burgers. Pizza was maybe $3-4

happygirl
10-10-2008, 11:33 PM

Can't tell you what the prices will be this year but last year I thought they were relatively reasonable. If I recall correctly the sandwiches were $5-6 as were the burgers. Pizza was maybe $3-4

That sounds alot more reasonable than Killington. I recall a single slice of pizza was some crazy price like $8 or something. Their food prices were horrible. I would end up getting a hot dog at the little stand near needle's eye chair, which would be raw most of the time.

It aint Aspen
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
At Killington its cheaper to just eat the money

Sail or Ski
10-11-2008, 07:44 PM
You should try the salads. The one with the golden raisins and balsalmic dressing was my favorite. The meat and meatless chilis are also very good value/taste.

Lostone
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
In the Gatehouse, there are always specials, which are good food and a good value. Last season I was using them as my main meal of the day.

Eat a big meal, go work it off with some more skiing and then eat light in the evening.

If you want a treat at Killington cafeteria prices check out Timbers lunch menu. For a little more than the Gatehouse prices (and maybe even less then Killington cafeteria prices?) have a sit down lunch in a great atmosphere. No lines. No scrambling for table space.

Did that a couple times last season, and the food quality is just so much above the lodge, and for not that much a price difference.

volklmantras
10-12-2008, 06:32 AM
I thought I heard that K was giving food away this year?!

hint: stay at Killington!

Lostone
10-12-2008, 07:10 AM
I thought I heard that K was giving food away this year?!

And free beer, too?? :D

happygirl
10-12-2008, 08:48 AM
K is a ripp off when it came to food last year.

freeheel_skier
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
At Killington its cheaper to just eat the money

:lol: Too Funny! :lol:

shadyjay
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Two years ago, I took my buddy to Killington, since he had some $100 in ASC vouchers he needed to burn in the cafeteria. We got like $40 worth of food between the two of us, and it really wasn't that much. A "Cheeseburger Platter" was $12ish and that was a burger, lettuce, tomato, and fries. Soft drinks were something in the neighborhood of $6 for a large. A big cookie was $4. Every time I've eaten this food, I feel like I'm wasting my money. But if he didn't use those vouchers up, they'd be worthless.

I'd much rather go into the Castlerock Pub, order a nacho plate for $5 or $6 (or whatever it is) and walk away full. Goes great with either my Long Trails or Switchbacks.

Mmm.... getting hungry for winter I am!