3. Sugarbush, Vt.
4. Sugarloaf, Maine
5. Whiteface, N.Y.
6. Sunday River, Maine
7. Smugglers Notch, Vt.
8. Okemo, Vt.
9. Holiday Valley, N.Y.
10. Seven Springs, Pa.

A mixed blessing to be sure. Obviously, it's a tremendous validation of the hard work Win and co have put into the hill over the last 5-6 years and it will almost certainly result in a benefit to the bottom line. Alas, it will likely be at the expense of more crowded trails and more competition for snow. Very much a double-edged sword, form a skier's perspective at least.

bill-now
09-16-2008, 12:05 PM
So, is Killington still in business? :twisted:

Lostone
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM

Their total customer elimination program is doing very well. :wink:

summitchallenger
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Interesting that Jay Peak and MRG did not make it either. I see that tiny Holiday Valley made its appearance...that is a complete joke and reflects that the poll is skewed by skier/rider volume rather than focusing on quality.

telepow
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
congratulations Win-

(we're still better than the top 2)

09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
http://news.alpinezone.com/36147/

HowieT2
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Interesting that Jay Peak and MRG did not make it either. I see that tiny Holiday Valley made its appearance...that is a complete joke and reflects that the poll is skewed by skier/rider volume rather than focusing on quality.

The survey may be a joke but not for that reason. If it was where is Killington, Stratton, Mt. Snow etc.

chuck
09-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Wonder if Stowe will go up on the block, seeing as it is owned by AIG, and they seem to be a bit short on cash......

WWF-VT
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Kudos to Win and team for moving up in the annual rankings. #3 Overall and #2 in overall guest satisfaction.

Lostone
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Wonder if Stowe will go up on the block, seeing as it is owned by AIG,

Thread already started, in the Misc room. (http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1574)

win
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Don't fret too much, Tin. Getting skier visits back to where they once were will keep us profitable and able to keep getting better every year! Tell your buddies there are more than 40 days to the season (that's when the vast majority of people ski and ride) Mid week here is a special time! There is also plenty of space on the Hill in the Spring when we have some of the best skiing and riding!

Tin Woodsman
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Don't fret too much, Tin. Getting skier visits back to where they once were will keep us profitable and able to keep getting better every year! Tell your buddies there are more than 40 days to the season (that's when the vast majority of people ski and ride) Mid week here is a special time! There is also plenty of space on the Hill in the Spring when we have some of the best skiing and riding!
No fretting here. Truth be told, I think the state of the economy and gas prices are likely to more than cancel out any benefit from this ranking. Regardless, I certainly realize that this is necessary for the long-term health of Sugarbush, and is ultimately necessary if we are to eventually complete the crown on Mt. Ellen by building Upper Inverness. :lol:

09-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Much appreciation from a PT resident for the rising tide.

Great news for the MR Valley "Stoke" Exchange!

Now, if someone would kindly do the same for the NY "Stock" Exchange and Financial Markets, we could all ski alot more midweek days.........

win
09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Season pass sales have been strong, so we hope that is a good indicator for the winter. I think snow will still be the biggest factor for the winter. I did read the Farmer's Alamanac yesterday and it reads well for us. Whether you believe it or not is another question!

09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Season pass sales have been strong, so we hope that is a good indicator for the winter. I think snow will still be the biggest factor for the winter. I did read the Farmer's Alamanac yesterday and it reads well for us. Whether you believe it or not is another question!

Sounds encouraging! I'll be picking up a copy of the Farmers Almanac today, and reading that instead of the WSJ tomorrow morning!

smootharc
09-20-2008, 10:12 AM
....that accompanies the Sugarbush ranking blurb ?

Egan Brutha raging hard in the powder filled hardwoods of North...though the caption doesn't mention him by name.

I cannot believe activities such as that are part of his "VP of Recreation" job description. He should contact his "International Bruthahood of Extreme Skier's Local 911" union rep and file a complaint !!!!! :lol:

09-20-2008, 10:53 AM
....that accompanies the Sugarbush ranking blurb ?

Egan Brutha raging hard in the powder filled hardwoods of North...though the caption doesn't mention him by name.

I cannot believe activities such as that are part of his "VP of Recreation" job description. He should contact his "International Bruthahood of Extreme Skier's Local 911" union rep and file a complaint !!!!! :lol:

In case you forgot, he is.................ahem, ...........Head of that Union.....................
Being the VP of Rec he also has the thankless task and duty of laying down first tracks, on only the most coveted of Sugarbush's powder choked chutes, on the bluebird mornings and stormy afternoons of his choice!

Smooth, can you scan and POST the offending photo when you have time?

random_ski_guy
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Their total customer elimination program is doing very well. :wink:

that was hillarious :lol: