PDA

View Full Version : Winter Seasonal Lockers

09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Does anyone imagine there would there be enough interest to warrant such a space in the plans for expansion of the Lincoln Peak base area?
Maybe the marketing department could poll passholders this season, in order to record their interest and compute the potential demand for this amenity.
A more southerly ski area just posted this:

Winter Seasonal Lockers at *******
Tired of schlepping your equipment to the slopes? Are you looking for a convenient place to store your skis, boots or board? Escape with other season pass holders to a secluded, comfortable place for conversation?
Featuring spectacular mountain views, flat screen TV and lounge area, we’re pleased to announce that our new Seasonal Locker Room is your private address at the ******* Lodge and “the” place to start your day on the slopes at ******** Resort! We're offering a limited number of Winter Seasonal Lockers for just $249 for the 2008/09 season at our newly-renovated Seasonal Locker Room at the ********* Lodge. Plus, you receive a $15 discount on the purchase a Season Tune Card when purchased at the same time as the purchase of your Winter Seasonal Locker.

HowieT2
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Does anyone imagine there would there be enough interest to warrant such a space in the plans for expansion of the Lincoln Peak base area?
Maybe the marketing department could poll passholders this season, in order to record their interest and compute the potential demand for this amenity.
A more southerly ski area just posted this:

Winter Seasonal Lockers at *******
Tired of schlepping your equipment to the slopes? Are you looking for a convenient place to store your skis, boots or board? Escape with other season pass holders to a secluded, comfortable place for conversation?
Featuring spectacular mountain views, flat screen TV and lounge area, we’re pleased to announce that our new Seasonal Locker Room is your private address at the ******* Lodge and “the” place to start your day on the slopes at ******** Resort! We're offering a limited number of Winter Seasonal Lockers for just $249 for the 2008/09 season at our newly-renovated Seasonal Locker Room at the ********* Lodge. Plus, you receive a $15 discount on the purchase a Season Tune Card when purchased at the same time as the purchase of your Winter Seasonal Locker.

I for one would be interested.
What about this year in the VH?

Lostone
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
There is overnight storage, with the ski valet. I don't know the amount of room they have and thus, the possibility of offering a season pass for it.

They used to have at least one seasonal locker room at North. I believe they did, but am not sure if they had one at South. My problem, at the time, was that I was never sure where I was going to start, the next time out. But I had some friends who always started at North, and had a locker, there.

They loved it, as did I, when I had one at K-mart, when I skied there. It is more than a locker,as you see the same people most days, as you are getting there, leaving or sometimes lunch.

skigal
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
There have always been seasonal lockers.most recently in Valley House...although not with the amenities you describe nor at that cost.

teleo
09-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I think someone at the Bull Wheel told me last year that if you got a season tune card with them they provided ski storage too. I realize that's not the same thing as a locker, but might be useful for some.

Lostone
09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
teleo, I'm pretty sure they're saying that they store them for free, while they're in for a tune, as opposed to a check in service, but I could be wrong. It happened, once. :lol:

skigal, that had been my impression, too, but it has been years since I saw anything about it. And I just searched the website, and didn't find anything. :?:

I searched anywhere I could think it should be, then did a search on locker, and it said nothing, other than the index was up to date. :?

Tin Woodsman
09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Seems like it would be a useful amenity to have in the forthcoming Guest Services Lodge, if there is enough space/budget for it.

ski_it
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
The seasonal lockers have been located in the lower level of the Valley House Lodge for the last two seasons since the old Gatehouse Lodge was torn down. They are in what used to be the entrance to the Mushroom Pub. Cost was $300 last year.