PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out: Hiking at LP 8/31

shadyjay
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
What a beautiful weekend it was up here, so on Sunday I headed down 100 to the 'Bush. Goals: lift ride, hike up Lincoln Peak, over to Mt Ellen, then back to Castlerock and down. The base area was hopping with a lot of folk around - zip line and mtn bike all looked very busy. A nice ride up Super Bravo, and the hike up Jester to the top of Lincoln Peak definetely got my blood flowing. After a little break on the summit, it was time to hit the Long Trail. I headed north, passing numerous people, past Castlerock Peak to Mt Ellen. After a little break there, I returned to Castlerock Peak and descended the mountain via Middle Earth to Troll Road to Lower Lift Line to Castlerock Runout. Middle Earth is one steep hike and I stayed on the path that someone had previously made. It defintely was steep and when I hit Troll Road, my legs thanked me. I got down to the base, had a beer at the Castlerock Pub and sat out on the patio. A good amount of folks were out there as well, and the zip line action overhead was constant. After a brew, I headed for home. Some pics are posted here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/shadyjayvt/HikingAtSugarbushAndTheLongTrail#

All in all, a great day. A little breezy up at the top, and the wind sounded like it was howling on the Bristol side. I hope to get out a few more times on the Long Trail before the end of hiking season. And just being at the mountain again has got me itchin' for the snow to fly.

Jay

Sail or Ski
09-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Nice pics.....That was one great weekend.

WWF-VT
09-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Did you have to buy a ticket for the Super Bravo lift ride ? My understanding is that you have to buy an all day pass.

skiladi
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Did you have to buy a ticket for the Super Bravo lift ride ? My understanding is that you have to buy an all day pass.

Check the website for info but I think it is $15. More if you are bringing a bike up. If you have a winter pass you can add on summer activities. Would depend on how often you will be there if that will save you $$$.

WWF-VT
09-04-2008, 09:22 AM

Check the website for info but I think it is $15. More if you are bringing a bike up. If you have a winter pass you can add on summer activities. Would depend on how often you will be there if that will save you $$$.

I was with my family ( all season pass holders) and wanted to get a head start on a hike by taking the Super Bravo to Allyn's Lodge and then progressing from there.

Was told that we could not buy a "one ride" ticket. Daily pass for adult is $15 and youth is $10 for lift accessed disc golf. Would have been a $50 ride !

Good idea for this year's season pass coupon book would be a one ride ticket /discount for hikers.

Lostone
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Was told that we could not buy a "one ride" ticket.

I believe what you were told was correct. The only way the winter pass helps is if you get a summer pass. Then it helps a lot. :wink:

I agree that a ticket to try a few of the summer activities would be a great addition to the Bravo book. 8)

Hawk
09-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Next time make the wife and kid pay for themselves. Then it would only cost $15..... :wink:

ski_resort_observer
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
The Bravo Book does include a 2 for 1 coupon for the zipline and 50% off coupon for mountain biking.