PDA

View Full Version : Ski in/out accomodations question

sglatham
08-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Looking to visit the 'bush over presidents. I don't have the wherewithall for Claybrook, and I am looking at alternatives. I have 3 kids under 9 and a wife that semi-ski's, so ski on/off or at most a short "no tears" walk is required. What options do I have (SnowCreek and Mountianside?) - and how good are they. Help is much appreciated. THINK SNOW :D

win
08-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Give our reservation team a call and they can go over all the options on the mountain - 800-53-sugar

Lostone
08-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I used to think that Snowcreek was the only real ski in / ski out for the entire season. Then I was reminded that, unless you were in an end unit, you still had some walking to do.

I live in Center Village,and have about a whole 200 yards to walk, until I put my skis on and ski down to the Village double. Oh... Life is SO hard! :lol:

Early and late, I have to go even further, sometimes walking for a whole 5 minutes! Life is SO hard- - er! :lol:

The same is true for Mountainside, The Villager, and The Forum.

As you are looking at Presidents' week, the whole mountain should be open, so the Out To Lunch trail goes past Villager, Mountainside, and down my way.

Very important to remember, tho is we have the shuttle bus service. Weekends and holidays, it runs every 15 minutes from 8:30 to 11:00, and then is on call. They drop you off right in front of Claybrook. This can make it easier to go from many of the further condos, than it is for my hard life. :wink:

And for the semi-skiing wife, there is even one that goes into Waitsfield. 8)

And like Win says, Reservations will have this info, and more.

But if you are talking holiday... Early reservations are good reservations. :wink:

noski
08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Have the non-skiing wife get in touch with me. I can tell you first-hand there is more to do than ski (sorry, Win..... :wink: ).

08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Snow Creek is nice. A bit retro, but more than adequate and the wood burning fireplace is nice. Like Lostone said, short walk to Spring Fling, unless you're on the end. Return trips are a piece of cake via Cat's Meow.

Lostone
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
ietqay on the at'scay eowmay! :x

:lol:

08-26-2008, 11:57 AM

Is that taboo or something? :shock:

noski
08-26-2008, 12:23 PM

I always wondered how that worked, now I get it once I see it in writing! icenay! hankstay!

08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
It's actually anksthay, but you pretty much got it.

Yard Sale
08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
otay earnlay igpay atinlay, atchway ethay eethray oogesstay. Especially Curly episodes.

Lostone
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
See...? People are always learning cool (kewl?) things here! :lol:

Is that taboo or something? :shock:

No... just not noticed much... and that is good. :wink:

HowieT2
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Looking to visit the 'bush over presidents. I don't have the wherewithall for Claybrook, and I am looking at alternatives. I have 3 kids under 9 and a wife that semi-ski's, so ski on/off or at most a short "no tears" walk is required. What options do I have (SnowCreek and Mountianside?) - and how good are they. Help is much appreciated. THINK SNOW :D

The other options pale in comparison to snow creek. They units are perfect for your size family. That being said, they are not cheap and the other previously mentioned options are passable alternatives.

Hawk
08-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Something to consider about picking Presidents week. You have to understand that is usually one of the busiest weeks, it has peak costs and fills up very quickly. With the short walk you have placed yourself with limited options.

You will have to expect to pay a premium and book soon. Do you have any friends that would rent to you? Does anybody on this board have any friends that would rent to them? I would rent to you but my walk is like Lostone's and my family usually invades with kids.

What others have posted pretty much sums up the locations. Good Luck :wink: