PDA

View Full Version : Tree Trimming Weekend

Treeskier
08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I just got this from the Outback Guides. The planned trimming dates are Saturday Aug. 23 and Sunday the 24th. If you can help us work on the ski band trimming, and/or know others who are available, please mark these dates. For those people who ski/ride in Slide Brook, this is a good way of ‘paying your dues’ as well as getting to know the area in another season. We hope to get a voucher for a ski ticket for each day worked as in previous seasons.

In order to let the ground dry out and give us time to get our gear and lunch ready we should plan on meeting at Lincoln Peak at 9:45 AM both days. Please bring your lunch, cutting loppers or saw, first aide, water/drinks and a talk-about radio (with fresh batteries). We should be monitoring channel 5-4 on the talk about. I will carry my cell phone, and please give me your number if you will have yours on the hill.

After the trimming on Saturday let’s have a pot luck deck party at Club X-Ta Ski. We will start the grill around 6 PM in order to give you time to get a shower after all the trimming work.

Look to see you there.

skiladi
08-11-2008, 09:17 AM
G , Is this the first work this season? Seems like it was the week before last year. Too wet?! Anyway , I will be up this weekend but may have to work next weekend. Rats. But if I can , I will be there.

summitchallenger
08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
May have to come along....

Treeskier
08-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hope you both can. Hawk you out there? Coming? 007? Stumpy?....

Chewbarka
08-11-2008, 09:07 PM
If you are interested in a couple of "lurkers", my wife and I are interested in helping out on Saturday.
Let us know!

Treeskier
08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
All are welcome. See you there with the gear mentioned in the original post.
I will up date this thread both Friday night and Saturday morning if weather is of question.

Hawk
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Yup, I will be up. Not sure about Sunday. I have plans up in the air but definitely Saturday.

Treeskier
08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Long range forecast is looking up!

Yard Sale
08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm in for Saturday.

HowieT2
08-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm in for sunday.
and what a boon this has turned out to be for me. Gets me away from the in laws.

Treeskier
08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Weather is looking even better. See you all this weekend!

Treeskier
08-23-2008, 06:49 AM
We are all meeting at the bottom of Super Brovo Lift and leaving from there at 9:45. Remember to bring lunch, lopper or saw, WATER. The mt. has some tools if you do not have one.

Treeskier
08-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Yesterday went well. Got a good start on the process. Look to see all you again today. Gregg

win
08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for your help! It is nice the weather cooperated. The leaves are turning and the snow shouldn't be too far off!

Don't forget the September 17th deadline for early season pass prices!

Treeskier
08-24-2008, 08:33 PM
We were very successful with all the help. All 3 lines and the traverse are now in great shape. I would like to thank all who showed and worked hard, both chatters and friends of Slidebrook. The Mt outback guides did a great job leading. I also would like to thank Valley Rental. We had a equipment failure and the came through like true fellow community members! THANKS! The new back country vehicle rocked. Got us to place in record time...thanks Dave!

Now lets hope for a snow winter and no freeze thaws!

HowieT2
08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Today was good. Thanks. Perfect weather. Thinking snow.

Yard Sale
08-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Did the Slidebrook trimming thing this past weekend. It was very cool to get back there and tramp around in the summer. Nice folks w/ common interests, nice surroundings, a nice day. And the atv ride in was the shiznizzel.