PDA

View Full Version : Kinda makes you wonder.......

shadyjay
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM
With all this rain we have gotten in recent months.... if it had all been snow.... wow .... how much would we have?
I've seen leaves in my backyard changing already. The temps have kept themselves in the 60s-70s. Is this the dog days of summer?
The White, Mad, Winooski, et al Rivers are raging, and the Connecticut River looks more like April/May than August.
The White River has also left its mark on Rt 100 in Rocheser/Hancock. Driftwood lines Rt 100 and the guardrails are gone at 125.

Anyone want to make a prediction on what the wx has in store for us this winter? Personally, I think anything goes at this point.

happygirl
08-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Nobody can ever predict for sure, but I do remember in the October of 77' we had alot of rain, and that was the winter we had the great blizzard of 78'. :wink: I didn't even ski back then, but there might be other NewEngland folks that remember that time.

BushMogulMaster
08-09-2008, 09:22 AM
With all this rain we have gotten in recent months.... if it had all been snow.... wow .... how much would we have?
I've seen leaves in my backyard changing already. The temps have kept themselves in the 60s-70s. Is this the dog days of summer?
The White, Mad, Winooski, et al Rivers are raging, and the Connecticut River looks more like April/May than August.
The White River has also left its mark on Rt 100 in Rocheser/Hancock. Driftwood lines Rt 100 and the guardrails are gone at 125.

Anyone want to make a prediction on what the wx has in store for us this winter? Personally, I think anything goes at this point.

I'm leaning towards 450" or so :D

shadyjay
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
I had a dream the other night that the forecast was calling for snow for next Tuesday. Then WPTZ tells of Thursday or Friday in weather history when snow fell over the Great Lakes. Seeing some leaves change and a little chill to the air has got me pumped already. Then again, I've been pumped since my last day of 07/08, and I'm itchin' for more.

Strat
08-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I could do with a few more nice hiking days (puffy clouds, green hills, blue skies), and then I'm ready for snow. Certainly sick of rain, haha...

skiladi
08-11-2008, 09:21 AM
So many people , skiers and nonskiers alike have made that same query. " Can you imagine if all this rain were snow?! " And my only answer has been an ear to ear grin. ; }

shadyjay
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow - what a day Saturday was... didn't get out for a hike since I figured the trails were probably pretty wet and squishy to say the least. I'm seeing more and more changing foliage, even down by WRJ on I-89. But I too would like to get some hiking in before "that's all she wrote" for the season. And I'm hoping there's at least one good dry weekend after a few dry weekdays. I get wet enough at work every day that I don't want to be trumping up the trails and get doused by wet spots and the wind blowing the trees.