PDA

View Full Version : Vermont Festival of the Arts

Lostone
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
For those that think there is nothing to do up here, when it is not winter... You're wrong! :wink:

All of August is an arts heaven, up in the valley. There are so many things to do that you are guaranteed not to be able to get to all of them. For Friday, this week, they have listed Art in the Garden, Love-The Human Comedy, Main Stage Show, The Man of La Mancha, and Vt Flute Festival closing concert. And there are many things not even listed in the calendar.

Last night, I went to the Phantom Theater's production of The Baron in the Trees. This was not a Broadway production. The CGI graphics left a little to be desired. But I thought it was a very interesting show. And although I didn't poll the audience, everyone seemed to enjoy it greatly, as did I.

The play, written and directed by Annie Elias, is about a boy who rejects his stuffy family mid-meal, climbs a tree and vows he'll never come down. And he never does! The action follows him through a series of adventures over his lifetime in the trees. Set in eighteenth century Italy, the play spans the French Revolution and Napoleon's reign.

For more info about this play, having its last two performances tonight and Saturday, check here. (http://phantomtheater.info/events)

For more information on the Festival of the Arts, check here. (www.vermontartfest.com)

There is photography, painting, culinary art, music, performance art, and so much more. And the Mad River Valley is now staring as a soggy version of itself. :roll: :lol:

So, I hope you'll get up here and get out to see a few things. 8)

Lostone
08-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Last night, I went to the Valley Players' theater to see Love The Human Comedy. It was comprised of 6, 10 minute plays.

I can't say it was funny.

There were funny parts in all of the plays, and two were funny. But in the large, I would say they were much more thought provoking than funny.

I would say they were great, and well worth the $10 the performance cost. There is just tonight and tomorrow's matinée left. If you are up here and can make the time, I think you'll find it well worthwhile. 8)