PDA

View Full Version : Best price for home heating oil in the valley?

madhavok
08-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Now that crude oil has dropped 20%, anyone know who has the best price on home heating oil? This would be for delivery in the mad river valley area.

noski
08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Mad- your price will be determined by how many gallons you typically use in a year. The higher the usage, the lower price per gallon. When shopping by price, keep in mind service. If you ever have need of a service call when it's 20 below and you have taken oil delivery from an out of town provider- you likely won't be able to receive emergency service from anyone else. Keep that in the back of your mind. I have been an FG White customer for more than 20 years. They have 24 hour coverage for service and deliveries.

Windshield Ski Bum
08-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm with Noski on this one. FG White is one of those scarce companies that is a pleasure to do business with. I can't say enough great things about them. They are the whole deal, Quality, Service and Price.

I can't figure out why I pay so much less for so much better service than I do in Ct. Anyone who has been around a while knows they are tho one's to buy oil and gas from in the valley.

madhavok
08-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Good to know about FG White's service, but since I 've installed numerous heating systems over the years and done every type of maintenance imaginable, right now i'm just looking the cheapest oil around. Have prices been dropping up there, I have not been up in 2 months. Good news is crude prices continue to drop, so home heating oil should follow.

madhavok
10-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Oil continues to go down. Nationwide home heating oil prices have gone down... but apparently not in the MRV? Anyone know a compnay with a fair price for home heating oil? Are there any buyers clubs?

Thanks!

skierdon
10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm interested in this as well. We have a house share up there with a new landlord and I want to make sure we aren't paying the higher locked in summer rates.

ski_resort_observer
10-21-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm interested in this as well. We have a house share up there with a new landlord and I want to make sure we aren't paying the higher locked in summer rates.

I would think your landlord would be the only one who could tell you if they locked in a price last spring. If he/she did that and alot of folks did, it wouldn't matter what the price is now. There are several types of pre-buy plans so even if they did it might not be as bad as ya think. :D

skierdon
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
turns out he did prebuy....... i guess as a season-long renter there isn't much we can do. The lease was vague and just stated we are responsible for utilities. Probably not worth getting into it with him now.