PDA

View Full Version : Grass Fed Beef-need source close to valley

Bush Groomer
07-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think Gaylords is truly grass fed, not sure.

Anywhere else in the valley i ca get grass fed beef, I belong to Hunger Mountain, but don't wish to drive that far if I can avoid it.

TIA.

noski
07-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm on it. Stand by.

skiladi
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM

Anywhere else in the valley i ca get grass fed beef, I belong to Hunger Mountain, but don't wish to drive that far if I can avoid it.

TIA.

www.eatwild.com/products/vermont.html

ski_resort_observer
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Did ya check the health food store, Sweet Pea, in Waitsfield? They sell local natural meat.

Bush Groomer
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM

TIA.

Thanks Pam, I did look at that before posting, you must have read my mind:)--most seem to want you to order a 1/2 cow or more..lol..

hope things are well!

Bush Groomer
07-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Did ya check the health food store, Sweet Pea, in Waitsfield? They sell local natural meat.

thanks

last time I was up, they had some meats, but mostly local sausages. I was looking to pick up a decent quantity.

Believe it or not, we have a certified organic, grass fed farm right here in New Jersey--I just don't trust Jersey dirt, even if it is pesticide free for 3 years..lol..it's what's underneath that bothers me.

I trust the product in Vermont and figured I'd buy quantity since I'M up if I can grab it locally.

Lostone
07-28-2008, 06:35 PM
My guess is you are trying to set thing up before you get here, but Gaylord is at the farmers' market, and there is another guy who sells organic beef, but I'm not sure about grass fed.

noski
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I had an intriguing conversation with Hadley at a social function last night. I asked him about the beef and he said they are all grass fed, with the exception of 2 item, leftover bread from La Pancetta bakery and the hops/barley etc. from Sean Lawson's beer-making. Just think- pre-tenderized beef!

nelsapbm
07-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Call LaPlatte Farm in Charlotte. Probably too far, but they may have retailers that sell their product in the area. I know you can get LaPlatte burgers at the Bobcat Cafe over the mountain in Bristol. YUM!

skiladi
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM

TIA.

Thanks Pam, I did look at that before posting, you must have read my mind:)--most seem to want you to order a 1/2 cow or more..lol..

hope things are well!

http://www.vermontgrassfedbeef.com
I had e-mailed this farm in Feb. and they answered right away. I just haven't found the right opportunity to stop even though it would only be about 10 miles out of my way. 20 R/T They said just call with a day and time as they are working the farm and will need to meet us. I still plan to stop by as I hesitate to have the shipping. I found a market close to home that has quite a selection of free range and they sell Maine ,NH and Vermont products. I can buy "humane certified" chicken in my local market. I have bought SMART chicken , but only thighs as their white meat and whole chix are mucho dinero!
But we don't require a lot of meat. I eat more seafood , veg and fruit. When I'm in VT. I buy the Misty Knoll and that's good.
Things are well with us. We have a few issues I hope to talk to you in person about. Hope all is well with you "guys".

http://www.postimage.org/gx1kNBLi.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1kNBLi)