PDA

View Full Version : Downhill MTB

Hawk
07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Did anybody get out last weekend?
How was it?
Any new trails?

I would have made it but I was at Kingdon Trails with my group. What a place that is. The community embraces the idea and it shows. there are trails going everywhere and most of them on private land.

freeheel_skier
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Didn't ride @ the Bush but road @ Milestone in Barre. Very cool place indeed.

I would like to get up to the Kingdom. I heard that the camp ground is going to be developed....condos or something :cry:

Hawk
07-02-2008, 06:08 AM
That's where we stayed and it was a good place for $20. The ride back up the hill at the end of the day was long and very hard. It's to bad. That's a nice quiet place. I will have to get back there this year.

Hawk
07-17-2008, 08:04 AM
I will be up this wekend...... :) Will anyone else? Notorious? 007?

I guess I will ask the source since no one was kind enough to pipe in.

Mr. Atkinson - any new trails this year? Hows the riding been? I hope to be up a bunch the rest of the summer.

Lostone
07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't think "kind" is necessarily the word.

Some of us simply have no information to share.

And were I to say "I know nothing!" about everything of which I know nothing. . . That would get tiring, quickly. :?

notorious
07-17-2008, 09:53 PM

Mr. Atkinson - any new trails this year? Hows the riding been? I hope to be up a bunch the rest of the summer.

So sorry not to be attentive to your inquiries, but this board has been so quiet that I was using work as a means to keep occupied.

Funny, but your name was taken in vain last weekend as a posse rode up the Castlerock runout to a blind curve location when someone said "Watch out for crazy people coming down. Watch out for Hawk!" (or something like that). There is a little shifting of location on some of the lift served trails. I believe your are also aware of the useful modifications on the down-to-the valleyfloor trails.

Alas, I have been banned from the MRV this weekend by my better half and her lunatic bookclub friends, the Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society. Next weekend fo'shur, but I am riding in the Onion River Sports Century Ride (metric division for me) on Saturday.

And 007? You jest, of course. He is yachting, and loves wearing his Nantucket red pants, belted with limegreen whales, sockless tassel loafers, and knit shirt with name of yacht embroidered thereon to the post race parties---and a fine figure he makes.

I was looking to circle-cycle Cape Ann with you and your ever smiling (I hope) Mrs, but apparently not this weekend, alas.

Hawk
07-18-2008, 06:32 AM
[quote="notorious
And 007? You jest, of course. He is yachting, and loves wearing his Nantucket red pants, belted with limegreen whales, sockless tassel loafers, and knit shirt with name of yacht embroidered thereon to the post race parties---and a fine figure he makes.[/quote]

LOL...What an image...he's going to love that description. We will have to hook up soon. The Mrs. has a new road bike in is riding hard in prep for the Pan Mass. She is also riding the MRV 100 on 8/23 with Stan and Cindy I think.

I have not been downhill at SB this year. Pretty pumped for Sat. I will have to check out the new stuff. Thanx

Hawk
07-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I don't think "kind" is necessarily the word.

Some of us simply have no information to share.

And were I to say "I know nothing!" about everything of which I know nothing. . . That would get tiring, quickly. :?

Sorry Lostone. I was talking to the few on here that do Downhill. They know who they are....

Now if I were to inquire about the disk golf course, you would be the man! :wink:

07-18-2008, 12:46 PM

And 007? You jest, of course. He is yachting, and loves wearing his Nantucket red pants, belted with limegreen whales, sockless tassel loafers, and knit shirt with name of yacht embroidered thereon to the post race parties---and a fine figure he makes.

I was looking to circle-cycle Cape Ann with you and your ever smiling (I hope) Mrs, but apparently not this weekend, alas.

"Pass me that cocktail please, and could someone release the backstay, tie that bow line, fend off, and lower the main halyard, and let's get that jib rolled up in the bag and stowed below ...... "
Huh, what, who-ah, how the, did somebody say a big snow storm was coming to Sugarbush this weekend???
Ohhhh-Kay, it must be all the sun!

Hawk-
I'll need the birds eye view report of the MRV next week.

N-
That picture is just a little fuzzy, not by much though! LOL
For the new and improved 007 it's definitely more like:
Blue blazer, white T, khakis with sail cloth belt, and tan leather flip flops attire for the post race YC Shin Dig and (sterling silver engraved rum mug) Award Ceremony at 18:00 hours........
Although the Limegreen Whales Vineyard Vines tie for the office is still in the wardrobe.
Best wishes for you in the 100 ride!

Hope everyone is well and dream-in of ski-in!!!
We'll catch up when the water freezes.

http://www.northsails.co.nz/site/northsails/images/News_photos/Etchells.jpeg

Sail or Ski
07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
great picture........and no-one got hurt.....wet....not hurt