PDA

View Full Version : Condo fees

teleo
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Looking at condo's in the area and it seems like Mountainside condo fees are quite a bit lower than other similar condo associations like Glades or Paradise. Does anyone know why that might be true? The only real difference I can think of is that there is some commercial space on the first floor of the Mountainside buildings. Do Mountianside condo's benefit from that? If so, does that include the day-care which is likely to move when the new skier services building gets built?

Also, does Mountainside allow people to retrofit the fireplace with a pellet unit to complement the all-electric heating?

Feel free to PM me if you don;t want to discuss this in the public forum. Or just ignore me I guess.

Thanks.

ski_resort_observer
06-08-2008, 10:42 AM
To get correct answers to all your questions I would call Jeannie at 583-6831, she has been the Bush's Owner Services Manager for many years and a super nice person to boot.

mountainsider
06-11-2008, 08:20 AM
I have owned in mountainside for over 10 years. I do not think that the commercial space makes a significant difference. the commercial space is just the area under the one building and the rental office. The building is pretty low easy to maintain and the projects seem to be divided over several years when possible.

As far as pellet heat, I don't think that anyone has done a conversion. There are issues with running anything other than the fireplace in the current chimney chases, so it would probably not be possible on anything other than a top floor unit.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Mountainsider

teleo
06-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info mountainsider and SRO.

Come to think of it, a lot of pellet stoves recommend chimney liners which I'm sure would be a problem in a condo.

Spoke to Jeanne - very helpful.

mattlucas
06-13-2008, 05:12 PM
mountainside rules! Nothing beats coming down LVR at the end of a day, kicking some powder along the way by easy rider, jumping off the utility roof, making a few nice turns around the few condos, waving at the kids building snowmen at the bottom and then jumping off the rocks to get to the mountainside parking lot. Definitely the most interesting beginner trail I've ever found anyway.

But those fireplaces are not meant to heat the units at all though. Not sure if that helps you in regards to the conversion, but I'm pretty sure that it would mean a lot of extra work. Still, if you get a few logs on, it's a nice place to play a board game, eat some dinner, have an adult beverage, and fall asleep so you can ski again early the next day.

Good luck finding something!

Matt