PDA

View Full Version : Was it someone from here?

Lostone
05-27-2008, 07:55 AM
As I was heading out, yesterday afternoon, I looked up and saw a few skiers on Stein's. There were basically two fairly good sized patches, no longer connected.

Good to see a few that decided that Memorial day was for skiing. 8)

Did anyone here get to try it?

Golf course seemed quite busy as I passed it, too. 8)

The farmers' market was quite busy, but not much action on the mountain, I thought. Who came up? What'd you do?

05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Could you please post a current photo of Steins?

and FIS?

shadyjay
05-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Drove by late this afternoon on the Common Road in Moretown....
Didn't see ANY snow at all on ME or LP, from what I could see while driving.... didn't want a repeat of my Dec. mishap, though the road's in a lot better shape now than then.... its quite the racetrack now 8)

Lostone
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I drove past North, today, and saw snow on FIS, but think there is less than on Stein's. FIS is considerably higher, but Stein's just had more snow, to start.

I'm at South, so I only have pix of Stein's.

Here it is on Sunday:
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/tImg_0140c_a_05_25.jpg

And here, this morning:
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/tImg_0146_05_27.jpg

It was a warm day, today, but is supposed to be cooler, for the next few. Still, I think if you've been waiting for this weekend... I think you've waited a bit too long. :(

05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the photos.
Looks like about 20 Saturdays til it's white again........
That's right around the corner!

shadyjay
05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Lostone is correct...(as usual).... there are a few patches up there... not much, but a few. Saw them this morning.
Though it was chilly this AM, maybe the guns were going? ;-) Maybe they'll be going tonight? ;-)

summitchallenger
05-31-2008, 08:49 AM
I hiked Mt. Ellen on Wednesday. Not much left on FIS at all...not really enough to ski... :( I had my skis but left them in the car....