Anybody know when season passes go on sale? :oops:

freeheel_skier
05-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Anybody know when season passes go on sale? :oops:

Now.

Lostone
05-17-2008, 09:15 PM
First price break was 5/1. :(

Other than that, they're on sale now. Check the website. (http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/season-passes) 8)

bill-now
05-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Am I missing something? Isn't it customary to list prices?

Lostone
05-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I can't believe that! :roll:

I expected the prices would be after the links. They really need someone to check their website! :roll:

bill-now
05-18-2008, 08:16 AM
The scary part is that it's been that way since approximately May 1st.

happygirl
05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
What are the prices? Have the gone up much since May 1st? Which pass do you suggest if your on a budget? 8)

Lostone
05-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I can't give you the prices, but I know it went up some since 5/1. I didn't check the prices then, or hear how much the increase was to be.

You can get the prices from their 800.53.SUGAR number.

As to the question of what is the best deal, that depends on what you want to ski. For sure, the Mt Ellen price is the best deal, for price. Want to ski Lincoln peak, some? Mt Ellen + Can you get in your skiing midweek? (Always the best deal!) Mt Ellen or All mountain 5.

Maybe just a Sugarcard is best for you. The real determining factor is how much do you have, and how much will you ski... and where. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
05-18-2008, 10:09 AM
You can get the prices from their 800.53.SUGAR number.

During the off-season the answer folks at the 53-SUGAR are only available M-F with your basic banker hours. The friendly folks at Claybrook will answer on the weekends but they have no season pass info. I'll check with someone tomorrow morning.

Yard Sale
05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
What are the prices? Have the gone up much since May 1st? Which pass do you suggest if your on a budget? 8)

Depends on how many days and when you intend to ski and when you buy your pass.

As weekend warrior buying the season pass at the pre May 1 rate compared to paying as you go, generally the break point is 14.5 ski days.

The break point moves to approx. 17 days vs. paying as you go via the Sugarcard.

At only 29 days this season I skied for approx. $33.00 per glorious day

happygirl
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I am a weekend warrior. Its nice to have a pass and not have to worry about spending the money in the winter. Its enough to worry about gas,food,lodging etc.

Lostone
05-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Its enough to worry about gas,food,lodging etc.

Do you know about ski houses? I live in a condo, now, but for years, I would get in a ski house, every year. That takes care of the lodging, you can sometimes ride up with a housemate, and many of them have meal plans to save money on food.

It is a good deal, if you're going to ski a lot. :wink:

It took me 2 years to find out about them, and then I was in one every year, until I bought my condo. There will likely be people posting that they are looking for members and ski houses in about 3 months, or so. 8)

happygirl
05-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Cool.. 3 months isn't that far away..

ski_resort_observer
05-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't think season passes are currently for sale even tho the website says otherwise. As mentioned I don't think the website has been updated from before the May 1 deadline for the early season sale. In years past they usually will go on sale in August. I will check tomorrow for confirmation.

flakeydog
05-18-2008, 07:45 PM
I bought a Jr. pass on 4/30 or so via the online purchase method. It was $269+ tax. I seem to remember the adult ones being $999+. I am not sure what they are now or will be in september. I am assuming a bit more, perhaps $50-$150 (youth-adult) ... ? I really dont think anyone is in a big rush at the moment.

On another note... passes are great, you pay your dues way back in Sept-Oct and it is like you get "free" entertainment for the rest of the winter. Also, you dont have that pressure of getting every penny's worth out of the day ticket you just bought. Either way, it is nice to not have to dig out the $$ every time you want to go...

happygirl
05-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree and I am hoping gas prices go back down when summer ends.

ski_resort_observer
05-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I was told season passes are currently not on sale. Prices and dates TBA

around 185 days till skiing

happygirl
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Killington and Sugarbush are doing their price dates so differently. At K you have until June 3 to
decide before the price goes up. But, I do wonder how much Sugarbush is going to go up. :roll:
Thanks for checking.. I'm trying to decide between K and Sugarbush. The mt Ellen pass is cheaper,
but is it enough do you think to keep you busy?

Lostone
05-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Mt Ellen is nowhere near the mountain that Killington is, but it is a full mountain, in its own right. When I first skied Sugarbush, the people in my ski club almost always went to North. It took years for most of us to decide South is a better mountain.

You might want to consider the Mt Ellen +. That gives you 5 tickets for South, during the season, and allows you skiing at South after North closes.

Not such a thing toward the end, but there were a number of weekend days where South was at full price, after North closed. And skiing . . . http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/icon_spread.gif

I'd have hated to have stayed home, then. :wink:

happygirl
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
That plus pass sounds like a good deal. I like the fact you can ski holidays and its the same price as a Killington blackout pass.

Last Tracks
05-22-2008, 01:29 PM
A couple other points about the plus pass...

You can ski south until North opens. Last year you could ski south when north was on windhold. I bought this pass last year and used my 5 days on the expensive weekend days and then used other deals if I went during the week. I skied 40 days and half of those were at south for under 700.00