PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

noski
05-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I told you that we would have 302" of snow this year, and I was wrong. We only had 287". Last year I said 297" and we got over 300".

But wait....less snow, better year. Imagine that! I hope you can forgive me for not making this last season more productive.... ;)

Lostone
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Is this your way of saying you got the letter from my lawyer? :P

As stated in the letter, I'm willing to forgive the oversight as long as you add the deficit (triple the damages, of course! :wink: ) to next year's projected total.

I wish to inform you that further misses on totals will result in further letters. (He's a cheap lawyer... He just sends letters. :roll: )

summitchallenger
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Yep, I sent that letter for you, Lostone. :wink:

Yard Sale
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Noski:

Accomplishing more with less is an accomplishment worthy of praise. That being said, nice work! 07-08 was truly an awesome year with nothing to but goood times. You'll receive no letters from my attorney. However, looking forward to next season, accomplishing more with more (a lot more) would be my preference. Greedy? Why, yes.

I've suggested it before and I'll say it again: You know that method for predicting seasonal snow fall amounts with the Maple Leaves falling, the cute little kids holding the sap buckets trying to catch the falling leaves? Well, we need bigger buckets! And we could probably use a few more kids too. With the promise of repeat season like 07-08, I'm sure my kids love to would chip in. Maybe get the little tikes to work in shifts. . . . around clock. . . . .maybe with mining helmets . . . . . with lights!! But, for sure bigger buckets.

Anyway, nice work. :D

Hawk
05-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I told you that we would have 302" of snow this year, and I was wrong. We only had 287". Last year I said 297" and we got over 300".

But wait....less snow, better year. Imagine that! I hope you can forgive me for not making this last season more productive.... ;)

No need for apologies. You did a better job then most forecasters this year. But I have to disagree on the better year comment. I guess it's a subjective thing but I measure quatlity of year of how much Pow and how deep. This past season started out good but then was ok for the rest of the year. We lacked the series of big 2' dumps that occured in the 06' - 07' season. Well there's always next year. :)

noski
05-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I am willing to take requests and shake it all together for the Fall prediction. I think I would rather have the slow, steady snow accumulation than the dump/melt scenario. But, being the loyal civil servant of the skiing crowd that I am,will do what I can. :wink:

Fourwide
05-16-2008, 11:15 AM
"I think I would rather have the slow, steady snow accumulation than the dump/melt scenario."

So as not to tempt fate or otherwise offend Ullar, I suggest we accept either!

Lostone
05-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't think December was good. I think it was phenomenal! :D

Nothing really major, but snowstorm after snowstorm, with no rain or ice. We were constantly saying "That's as good as that trail ever gets. And we were saying it about almost every trail.

Normally, during Valley Ski week, we have Jester, Organgrinder, Downspout, and maybe Lower Jester, Pushover and Hot Shot. This year we had . . . Lincoln Peak! :D

Sure we could have used a few 1-2' dumps, but the only complaints I heard were from people who couldn't be there. And altho we did need a little freezing, in January, to solidify the base, we could have just had a few of those storms and concentrated on more powder for the rest of the month. :wink:

February started off a little slow, but picked up nicely. March was good, but about the beginning of April, I was starting to worry that we might close the resort without ever having any real spring.

Then spring turned on full. The snow went fast, leaving us nothing to do but enjoy its passing. :D I think that the warm spell was only about 2 weeks, but I thought it was one of the best spring skiing times I've ever had. 8)

So I would have to vote with the "better season" statement. But, Noski, I hope you've been taking notes on when we need the storms, and how much. (That would be... a lot! :wink: ) Remember, summitchallenger has the time to write more letters, now that he's not skiing. And that letterhead paper doesn't come cheap! :lol:

Still... were we to get another year like this one... I could be convinced to smile. :)

HowieT2
05-16-2008, 10:08 PM

No need for apologies. You did a better job then most forecasters this year. But I have to disagree on the better year comment. I guess it's a subjective thing but I measure quatlity of year of how much Pow and how deep. This past season started out good but then was ok for the rest of the year. We lacked the series of big 2' dumps that occured in the 06' - 07' season. Well there's always next year. :)

Apples and oranges. Last year was great with the big dumps of pow leading to many epic days. But there was also dec-jan when things were bad. this year was more consistent beginning to end without the huge dumps. The same forces which gave us repeated moderate amounts of precipitation, prevented any of those storms from lingering long enough to really wallop (at least as far as I can figure it).

noski
05-19-2008, 07:11 AM
The other thing I noticed about the 07-08 season (trekkers correct me if I am mistaken), was that when it snowed, it was on a Wednesday, and the Friday night drive up was pretty good compared to recent years.

castlerock
05-19-2008, 07:22 AM
At least from my experience, there has never been a significant problem driving up on Friday. (This is from 6 seasons of every weekend). Mysteriously, Sunday always seems to have absolutely debilitating weather.