PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

win
05-03-2008, 12:46 PM
We will be open tomorrow for the final day of this great season. Lift spins at 9am to 4:30pm, and tickets are again $25. Maybe some rain in the am, but should be clearing. THe team did a great job putting Snowball and Spring FLing together, and I thought they skied even better than last weekend. Of course, Stein's still has a ton of snow.

Lostone
05-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I really hope for that afternoon sun! Love to finish the season on a high note! :D

kcyanks1
05-03-2008, 01:16 PM
We will be open tomorrow for the final day of this great season. Lift spins at 9am to 4:30pm, and tickets are again $25. Maybe some rain in the am, but should be clearing. THe team did a great job putting Snowball and Spring FLing together, and I thought they skied even better than last weekend. Of course, Stein's still has a ton of snow.

Fantastic! Gave up on my plans for Tuckerman Ravine tomorrow, but now we are heading to the Bush. Hopefully we don't regret it :-) Thanks, Win!

summitchallenger
05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Will be up there again today...probably later this morning. Not many out yesterday. Did run into Radio Ron and we talked...nice guy. He wants me to be in his band. :shock:

kcyanks1
05-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Will be up there again today...probably later this morning. Not many out yesterday. Did run into Radio Ron and we talked...nice guy. He wants me to be in his band. :shock:

Were you in the lodge around noon today (Sunday) talking about KZone? if so, I was there... I asked a quick question about Alpinezone/SkiMRV but seemed you were talking about KZone. I didn't want to but into the conversation and my brother was waiting for me at the car, so I was kind of rushing out ... Sorry if it was you and I didn't make more of an effort to say hello. Hope you enjoyed the day!

summitchallenger
05-04-2008, 08:10 PM

Were you in the lodge around noon today (Sunday) talking about KZone? if so, I was there... I asked a quick question about Alpinezone/SkiMRV but seemed you were talking about KZone. I didn't want to but into the conversation and my brother was waiting for me at the car, so I was kind of rushing out ... Sorry if it was you and I didn't make more of an effort to say hello. Hope you enjoyed the day!

Yes...SRO and I were talking. I wish I had introduced myself!

kcyanks1
05-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Well, I guess there is always next year (depressing to say that). I figured I might run into AZ / SkiMRV people there...guess I should've made more of an effort to see who the two of you were. Hope you enjoyed the skiing!

summitchallenger
05-04-2008, 08:54 PM

Well, I guess there is always next year (depressing to say that). I figured I might run into AZ / SkiMRV people there...guess I should've made more of an effort to see who the two of you were. Hope you enjoyed the skiing!

Yes, it was great.

Since I will be only at Sugarbush next season, you will be seeing a lot of me and I will make more of an effort to have more meet-ups.

Lostone
05-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Kenny, you should have stayed and skied the afternoon. The drizzle ended and there were even breaks of sunlight. 8)

I'm a big fan of early skiing, thru the regular season, but in spring, the afternoon is a much better part of the day. I got there at 12:30, and by last run the snow was noticeably softer. :)

Mike, it was nice making that last run with you, tho I couldn't end it then, but went back for another, to put a final smile on the season. 8)

And what an end it was for the season! :D

Win, thanx for keeping it open for one more day! Too bad we couldn't get more people out there, but New England weather is New England weather. :? Everyone I spoke to was very happy to be out and had a great time. Once again, a group of smiles, as we looked down on a green valley, from soft sweet sugarsnow. :D

ski_resort_observer
05-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Well....Win mentioned in the afternoon that it's only 200 days until ski season........but, you can come up this summer and play some disc golf with us. :D

kcyanks1
05-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Kenny, you should have stayed and skied the afternoon. The drizzle ended and there were even breaks of sunlight. 8)

I'm a big fan of early skiing, thru the regular season, but in spring, the afternoon is a much better part of the day. I got there at 12:30, and by last run the snow was noticeably softer. :)

Yeah, I might've stayed a little longer if alone or if I had met up with some SkiMRVers, but I was also with my brother who was feeling like it was enough, and we had the drive home. It wasn't the light drizzle that chased us away...we're not that pathetic!! It was great to get away for a day and a half and ski some with him (well, I skied and he boarded), especially as he hadn't gotten out all season. As for me, I at least satisfied my fix for one last (partial) day, so I have no complaints about the trip. Hopefully next year I'll be more successful with AZ/SkiMRV meetups.

Have a good offseason, to the extent that's possible. When in school I looked forward to summer because it meant no school. Without that to look forward to, we might as well have endless winter. oh well, I guess I'll get my fix by talking about skiing here.

kcyanks1
05-04-2008, 09:39 PM

Yes, it was great.

Since I will be only at Sugarbush next season, you will be seeing a lot of me and I will make more of an effort to have more meet-ups.

Well I only made it up to SB 5 days this year (I say "only", but that's 25% of my ski days, the most I've skied there in one year, and I had 2 more at MRG). Hopefully next year will be similar, and if you are there a lot, hopefully our visits will coincide.

skiladi
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I did see Win on Sunday around 11 but I didn't see any of you guys and some Kzoners that were there I didn't see but I should have stayed another night as I was heading home just before 5 I saw quite a few on Stein's hootin' their way down. I had quit around 2 to clean my place and leave as I was missing Hubby and "the babies". ; }

Lostone
05-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I was out from around 12:15 until 4:20. then I went in, changed out of my boots, talked with Harry and Phil for a bit, and headed out, just before 5:00.

Surprised I didn't see you. Surprised you didn't see me. I was wearing my winter shell, again. :shock: First time out since early April. :?

And yesterday? I hiked in shorts and a t-shirt. :roll: