PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

win
04-30-2008, 11:05 AM
My team just came off the mountain, and we are good to go for Saturday. We will turn the Bravo lift from 9am to 4:30pm. It is likely that we will have Valley Traverse, Stein's and Coffee Run as the only trails open, and there will likely be some walking required to get from the end of Coffee Run down to the Bravo lift. Stein's still is full of snow and will test your quads in the soft deep bumps! You'll work up a good appetitie and thrist! Once again we will have a BBQ going outside of the Castlrock Pub, and let's hope for a bunch of sun. Tickets will be $25, We'll make the call about Sunday on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you for at least one more day in this great season.

notorious
04-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Thank you, thank you. U da man.

summitchallenger
04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Was just going to ask for an update....cheers Win!!!!!!!

telepow
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Thank you Win, that's a best owner in the history of the world move right there

04-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks Win!

Stein Erickson would be stoked if he was in the Valley.

Last Tracks
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
sweet - is there going to be a band at the pub?

win
04-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Open mike anyone!

tomthumb
05-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Are the Mad Mountain Scramblers available? That would be a pretty awesome send of for a truly epic season.

Hawk
05-01-2008, 07:00 AM
I was thinking Grace Potter. I'm sure she's just kicking around waiting for the invite. :wink:

Who's up this weekend? Notorious, 007, Bubba????? Anyone else??????

notorious
05-01-2008, 07:51 AM
But I don't sing, except as backup for the Backside Girls (They know who they are, and I know they do karaoke)

skibum1321
05-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend. The last 2 weekends were awesome and a great end to my lift-served season. Have fun everybody.

05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
A couple of speakers in the plaza and an iPod ought to do it!
Maybe MT Ops will have one?

Notorious, you'll need extra backup with those girls....
I've got that covered.

http://static.flickr.com/108/284904465_69b5d5764f_m.jpg

Lostone
05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
I have been asked not to sing... by everyone. :cry:

MikeTrainor
05-01-2008, 09:49 AM
I too will not be able to make it this weekend due to a wedding on Saturday. I remember how nice Cinco day Mayo was last year...enjoy!

smootharc
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I was hoping to bust out some of my poetry recitations, forced into memory in 10th grade.....

Or Haiku's can be fun. Really fun !

In fact, why even spin the lifts ? :lol:

Treeskier
05-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Boy I wish I was there. My shoulder is now skiable :) But I am doing my civic duty this weekend. If some place opens next weekend I will be there. (I use to always ski Mothers day weekend at that MT South of us...that has closed and all of them are come up to us.) I hope in VT. Or will hike. To all have a great weekend. Thanks Win.

skiladi
05-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Boy I wish I was there. My shoulder is now skiable :) But I am doing my civic duty this weekend. If some place opens next weekend I will be there. (I use to always ski Mothers day weekend at that MT South of us...that has closed and all of them are come up to us.) I hope in VT. Or will hike. To all have a great weekend. Thanks Win.

Mother's Day looks a little unlikely unless you feel like hiking.
http://www.postimage.org/PqsJAx9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqsJAx9)

win
05-02-2008, 08:36 AM
What a great Mountain Team we have. In the past 24 hours they have pushed enough snow around to open 5 trails tomorrow and have skiing all the way down to Bravo. We will spin Bravo from 9am to 4:30pm and have Valley Traverse, Snowball, Spring Fling, Stein's and Coffee Run available. We have tried to prepare for two days, so let's hope the weather cooperates. Spread the word, please!

Lostone
05-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Looks like shades of last year, which was a fantastic ending! :D

I'll be there with bell... :oops: uh... skis on! :lol:

summitchallenger
05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
What a great Mountain Team we have. In the past 24 hours they have pushed enough snow around to open 5 trails tomorrow and have skiing all the way down to Bravo. We will spin Bravo from 9am to 4:30pm and have Valley Traverse, Snowball, Spring Fling, Stein's and Coffee Run available. We have tried to prepare for two days, so let's hope the weather cooperates. Spread the word, please!

This is unreal!!!!! :D :D :D :D

shadyjay
05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
That is fantastic news, Win! I'd be there Saturday if I didn't have the folks coming up from down south.
You're sure to have a fantastic weekend, hope the turnout is good and the turns even better!

Lostone
05-02-2008, 10:02 AM
You have friends coming up from down south?

Bring them! :lol:

I have a friend who's lived in Vermont all his life. (not yet! :roll: :lol: ) I was sending him and email, talking about what was happening, up here, as pond skimming was coming up. He came up and had a great time. He didn't ski, but loved the ambiance, and the whole scene.

Even if your friends don't ride, maybe they'd like to check out the scene? Just a thought... :wink:

summitchallenger
05-02-2008, 10:04 AM
No question now where I will be a passholder next season...and hopefully after that...

Yard Sale
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
We've had some friends up from down south a couple of times over the past couple of seasons. This couple actually met in the valley years ago but hadn't been back in many years. They dug the vibe alright. They dug the vibe so heavily, they're closing on their new condo at the 'Bush May 30th. And they already have 08-09 passes.

Win- A great team you say? I couldn't agree more. Let's not forget though that the team is only as good the top dog. Having fun is obviously an imprtant component of your business model. Nice work.

saabski
05-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I am with you in spirit!
If not for the still-healing tibial plateau fracture, would be there in person also! Great job this winter (what I skied of it before my blankety-blank injury) to Win and team. Definitely a pass holder for life here.

skiladi
05-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I am with you in spirit!
If not for the still-healing tibial plateau fracture, would be there in person also! Great job this winter (what I skied of it before my blankety-blank injury) to Win and team. Definitely a pass holder for life here.

Sorry to hear that. Used to see you from time to time. Now I know why I missed you. Hope you heal well.

Hawk
05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Back from the Slide away......I saw Notorious, Bush Pilots Paul and Jen, Diggity and Chrisy, PBR John, Powderpuff and others. Everybody was so stoked to hit the hill tomorrow. Thanks Win for the extra weekend.

PS - How was the Materhorn 007.......