PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend

skibum1321
04-25-2008, 06:57 AM
How's the cover holding up for this weekend? I know that Stein's must still have good coverage but is the runout starting to get a little sketch?

Lostone
04-25-2008, 07:08 AM
There are thin spots everywhere. :(

Stein's, Organgrinder, Ripcord, Spring Fling, all mostly great, but there are spots, as you work your way down. :?

It is the last weekend in April. :wink:

Skiing is awesome. 8)

It will be very limited in May, June, July, . . . :cry:

Expect thin cover, but expect to have fun. http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/icon_spread.gif

castlerock
04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
The skiing is exceptional. As I was coming down Stein's yesterday at 4:35, there were three cats sitting with blades loaded with snow, ready to "re-pave" coffee run to get us smoothly back to the lift. I'd imagine (but don't have personal knowledge) that something similar was in store for the thin section on deathspout.

As for the actual trail itself, I can't say there are any bare spots on Steins, Ripcord or Grinder

To have both Bravo and Heaven's gate is fantastic.

win
04-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Here is what I posted on the K-Zone yesterday. Sunday is now looking better as well!

Here is what I see for Friday and Saturday!

The sun and warm temperatures are finally taking a toll. For instance according to their snow mail, Jay is reopening on Saturday (not Friday as earlier advertised) and went from 76 trails to 10. That says a lot.

We are pushing a bunch of snow around tonight and then tomorrow night to make sure that one can get top to bottom. Ripcord, Organgrinder and probably Spillsville will ski well even if there are a few spots showing. (We like to make our friends at Mad River feel at home). One can get down Jester which will be groomed over night but will be soft immediately. To get from the top of Heaven's Gate to the base one will have to ski Jester to Allyn's Travers to Snowball to Spring Fling or walk out from the bottom of Heaven's Gate Lift, which isn't a bad excuse when your quads are burning! One might have to walk 10-30 yards on Allyn's Traverse on Saturday even though we are shovelling snow on it to try not to make that happen.

Valley Traverse over to Stein's and Snowball will hold up well as will Coffee Run. Stein's is in great shape, and we might ski it on the fourth before the fieworks. We lost Birdland, Murphy's Lower Jester, Lower Organgrinder and lower Downspout today. That said they will be great spring skiing and riding on the several trails that we will have this weekend, and I will be out there going for day 115!

May skiing?

teleo
04-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Excellent report Win. In both detail and the fact that THERE IS STILL GOOD SKIING TO BE DONE :lol: :lol: You should do the report on Sugarbush.com :wink:
I know a number of folks from K-Zone are planning to make the trip up on Sat. We'll try and get some of them back next year too.

smootharc
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
....isn't the last, as family obligations will have me "not in the valley". Will my last memory of this ski season be my niece spitting up blueberry buckle on me right before I have to load the dishwasher ? Please.....help.... :lol: