PDA

View Full Version : Thank You And Goodnight!

shadyjay
04-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Today was my 50th and final day of riding for the 07/08 season, closing it out in grand style at Stowe (only because a friend went with me and it was $20 for us due to food bank day, so we helped a good cause and got some great riding in). Coverage there was really good right down to the base. Snow was "mashed potatoes". It was their last day. The parking lot, however, looked like the scene of a concert. Every other car was grillin, had tunes goin, and other misc activity to celebrate the holiday. I wished I could'a spent my last day at the 'Bush, but I rode there Wed-Thu-Fri. In total, of the 50 days, 42 of them were at the Bush, split almost equally between L/P and ME. My season had mostly highpoints, from the first time on Castlerock, to the trees of Eden, to last week's corn fest as I attempted (and survived) Ripcord, Paradise, Spills, and The Mall. The DVD Today Show production kept me busy for some time but I think the finished product came out great. Thanks to everyone for making this an unbelievable season for me... especially Win and the gang at the 'Bush, who didn't disappoint me at all this season. How could they? With snow as great as its been, the only thing I have to say is that I'm Better Here, and I'll be better here next year with my 08/09 ME Plus pass renewed.

So until 6 months from now when the autumn leaves give way to that first light coating of snow over the mountains of Sugarbush, I bid farewell to a great 07/08. For those who are not here during the summer, enjoy the warm weather and come on up to experience the Bush during the greener months. As I discovered last summer, there's lift rides and hiking to do. Maybe shady'll get on the zip line this summer.

Fin.

,ps, and for those who are saying there's still one more week (at least) left...i'm done. no exceptions. my legs are ready for a break. i'm quitting while i'm ahead. enjoy the last week or so of the snow, and take some laps for me. i'll be sucking down a long trail.

maggie
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
do tell.... how did you find out about the food bank day at Stowe? They certainly don't advertise it.

We went last year, and I was keeping my eyes opened, but couldn't find any info.

Would be nice to be aware of it for next year.

shadyjay
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Last year (06/07), it was in early December.... this year, it was on their last day of ops on 4/20... you just never know.
Gotta check with stowe.com for all the updates. As much as it would have been nice to make the big '50' at the 'bush,
I had a friend (:-)) willing to spend the $20 to end the season with me in grand style at Stowe. For someone who does
not have a season pass, $20 and two cans of food is better than $50.... gotta take what you can git!

castlerock
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Win, thanks for staying open this week. I hope it was worth it for SV, it certainly was for me and my family. If anyone noticed a 6 year old girl in yellow flowered pants http://www.sugarbush.com/aboutus/sendphoto.asp?imgID=4218&id=602 ripping Stein's and Ripcord, followed by two brothers and two parents, that was us. Perfect (almost too hot actually) weather. I got my scan total up to 56, exactly the same as last year. Melancholy last run on Stein's looking across the valley, remembering the special times of the season..

Well I won't be gone for too long. I will be full time in the valley come July.

When is it going to snow next?

ski_resort_observer
04-25-2008, 09:31 PM
When is it going to snow next?

Maybe on Wednesday :shock:

win
04-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Great photo, Castlerock. See you soon!

04-28-2008, 12:34 PM
As I told Win at the top of Heaven's Gate on Friday, Ripcord was about as close to heaven as I'm probably ever going to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3srz5Bc6fc

No better place to end my season than at Sugarbush. Thank you Win and co.!