PDA

View Full Version : Trivia

win
04-20-2008, 08:55 AM
As you get ready to enjoy another beautiful day on the Mountain here is some trivia to remind you of the season that is not yet over. Today is our 153rd days of the season, and Castlerock has been open 141 days, a record. Today will be the last day for Castlerock as the sun did its job this past week, but there will still be some wonderful moguls left this week on Ripcord, Paradise, Spillsville, Organgrinder, The Mall and Twist, and snow is still deep on skiers right of Snowball and Spring Fling for some good spring cruising. Let everyone know we are open all week and ticket prices are only $29.

shadyjay
04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
A great season indeed, Win, with a lot of highpoints on all fronts. Seems like we're beating records all over the place as far as Castlerock being open. IIRC it closed this same weekend last year, give a day or so. But it opened a heck of a lot sooner than 06/07.

Good luck this week ... I think I'm done for the count. 50 is a nice round number. Its not 100, but still just as nice.

castlerock
04-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Correct in that it is not yet over, and incorrect in that it is NOT trivia!

This week is 1/4 of my season. Not directly in days, but in concept. And that is not trivial.

The season for me divides into Xmas week, Feb vacation week, April vacation week and the fourth estate is the weekends in-between.

A week each for early season, Mid-winter and then Spring, plus all the weekends that tie it together.

Things are looking spectacular for this week. The weather is perfect, the snow cover excellent! (Looks like Win rolled a 7 with South this year. Although a glance at North this morning showed no barespots at all on the snowmaking trails).

shadyjay
04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Drove to the base of Mt Ellen on Friday after leaving L/P... definetely some bare spots there.... not visible from "afar". Though the upper mountain still looks great, the lower half of Straight Shot to the base is bare, as is all around the GMX. Though Inverness still had more than half coverage, plus Brambles looked good, and the upper mtn looked fantastic.