PDA

View Full Version : 4/17/08 - Sunblock advisory

shadyjay
04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
My 48th day of the season... by far the warmest day I've ever ridden in. Started out in a green Notre Dame jersey with sleeves, and an hour later, had removed it in favor of just a blue sleeveless jersey. It was warm... no... hot. Only "chill" would have been coming down Jester from the summit. Snow was nice and soft as its been for the past week or so. Started with a few runs on Gate House. Birch Run was definetely the pick, with a quick 3-lap venture. Lower half of the beginner runs aren't going to survive much longer at all... in the am, crews were shoveling to make a path from Slowpoke/Sugarbear Road/Pushover to the liftline of the GHX. Waterfall is deteriorating... upper half of Sleeper is roped. Sunrise upper is gone. Next, moved over to Bravo. Still some great coverage on just about every trail up there, especially Heaven's Gate, where not a drop of bare ground is visible except lower Ripcord. Only gets thin from the base of Steins/Organgrinder down to the base. Trails over on the Snowball / VH side also very well covered. And had I not wasted a half hour for a couple beers, I would have done more runs on that side, but there's always tomorrow. Besides, on a day like today, there was no such thing as wasting time for beers. Now I look at my arms and feel my forehead and wished I had heeded the warnings... I think I'll pick up some tomorrow before hitting the slopes. Either that, or wear a shirt with sleeves. Saturday's gonna be my last day, and I'm going to go out with a bang! Full trip reports and pics won't be posted at shadyjay.com until sometime late Saturday or Sunday.

summitchallenger
04-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Will be there tomorrow and Sunday.

Lostone
04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Did you try Morning Star and Sunrise? :shock: :lol:

A few really ugly spots, but nice snow, when you got to it. :wink:

I spent most of the morning on North Lynx. I thought it was the best skiing of the day. Like back in the days of Poma Beach. 8)

teleo
04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Anyone up for a 1:00 at Alyns? 1:00 being the spring equivalent of a winter 10:00.
Not to mention at 10:00 I'll probably be chasing a 2 year old around at the base.

BTW - anyone know if the welcome mat will be open this weekend? Is there any snow left over there?

summitchallenger
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Anyone up for a 1:00 at Alyns? 1:00 being the spring equivalent of a winter 10:00.
Not to mention at 10:00 I'll probably be chasing a 2 year old around at the base.

BTW - anyone know if the welcome mat will be open this weekend? Is there any snow left over there?

That sounds good to me...

Lostone
04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Not certain, but I think the mat is done for the season.

But the snow on Easy Rider is quite good, if you want to wander around it. 8)

Yard Sale
04-18-2008, 08:33 AM
The Wlcome Mat and Village Dble are both down for the remaining season.

teleo
04-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess my little girl will have to hike for her turns on daddy's skis. That usually tires her out pretty quickly.

walks
04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Started out in a green Notre Dame jersey with sleeves, l

I'll be wearing my BC Jersey next week. Sorry about the hockey season.

castlerock
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Get up here Walks.

The forecast is for Sun from here till they don't forecast anymore.

Mucho snow on the hill (as seen driving up this evening)