PDA

View Full Version : Next Week - $29 Ticket Price

win
04-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Because it is vacation week here in Vermont and elsewhere, and we hope that a number of families will be able to take advantage of the skiing and riding here, we are offering a value ticket for all beginning on Monday, April 21st through closing day. A one ticket price of $29 will be available for all and this can be credited toward next year's season pass price if one is a new season pass purchaser. We are hopeful that we will still be skiing and riding the terrain off of both the Heaven's Gate and Bravo lifts for the week.

skiladi
04-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Because it is vacation week here in Vermont and elsewhere, and we hope that a number of families will be able to take advantage of the skiing and riding here, we are offering a value ticket for all beginning on Monday, April 21st through closing day. A one ticket price of $29 will be available for all and this can be credited toward next year's season pass price if one is a new season pass purchaser. We are hopeful that we will still be skiing and riding the terrain off of both the Heaven's Gate and Bravo lifts for the week.

Nice! I hope I can grab a couple grandkids and come up.

asland
04-15-2008, 03:37 PM
sweet! See you then.

Win - I think you should do 2 for 1 beer specials all week as well. :-)

BushMogulMaster
04-15-2008, 06:26 PM
sweet! See you then.

Win - I think you should do 2 for 1 beer specials all week as well. :-)

No, no. Beer sales is how he can justify $29 lift tickets :wink:

Treeskier
04-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Brilliant!

Strat
04-15-2008, 07:09 PM
It's a bold move Win, and I think it's an excellent risk for the Bush to take. $29 is a great price for all-day quality corn. Good luck, hope everyone has fun!

8)

MikeTrainor
04-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Hmm... Monday April 21st is a holiday(Patriots Day) here in Boston. I may have to take advantage of the $29 tickets.

04-16-2008, 08:41 AM
See ya'll next Friday!

skibum1321
04-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Hmm... Monday April 21st is a holiday(Patriots Day) here in Boston. I may have to take advantage of the $29 tickets.
You must be a state employee if you actually get Patriots Day off.

noski
04-16-2008, 11:00 AM

I don't really follow football :roll: , but that is cool you get a special team day off! The Expos never got one....

MikeTrainor
04-16-2008, 02:35 PM

I don't really follow football :roll: , but that is cool you get a special team day off! The Expos never got one....

I am not a state employee but work for a business on the marathon route, which would make it very difficult to get to work. Since we now get Patriots day off it means we no longer get Columbus day off, so I guess it is a trade off. Most area businesses in our neighborhood are closed that day.

For those of you out of state Patriots day is the day of the Boston Marathon. Here is an explanation of the holiday:

Among the better-known commemorative events on Patriots Day is the Boston Marathon, which has been run now for over a century.

Patriots Day is a public holiday in Massachusetts, celebrated on the Monday nearest that date. All Massachusetts state government offices and many local businesses close, though federal government offices and offices of large interstate and international companies remain open.

noski
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I am not a state employee but work for a business on the marathon route, which would make it very difficult to get to work. Since we now get Patriots day off it means we no longer get Columbus day off, so I guess it is a trade off. Most area businesses in our neighborhood are closed that day.

For those of you out of state Patriots day is the day of the Boston Marathon. Here is an explanation of the holiday:

Among the better-known commemorative events on Patriots Day is the Boston Marathon, which has been run now for over a century.

Patriots Day is a public holiday in Massachusetts, celebrated on the Monday nearest that date. All Massachusetts state government offices and many local businesses close, though federal government offices and offices of large interstate and international companies remain open.
(I actually knew that- it commemorates the first Revolutionary War battles-but I did not know your office had to give up Columbus Day for it. Bummer!) It would be insane to try and be open if you are on the marathon route, for sure! I just like it when Tax Day falls on Patriots Day, that's an extra day for us to file!

skibum1321
04-16-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't know too many local businesses that close unless they are on the parade route. I'm in Bedford and it seems like basically everyone around here works on Patriot Day.

Lostone
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Lexington and Concord have re-enactments of their respective Revolutionary war battles on that day. (Shot heard round the world?)

I used to work for a company in Burlington and we had it off. When we moved to Andover (Where the IRS is.) we ceased to have it, as a holiday. But the number of holidays were the same. We got a different one, in it's stead.

BoxOfRain
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
hmmmm...I'll try to make it up there.

Yard Sale
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Coming up this weekend with only my 4 year old daughterin tow. My wife and other kids have other obligations. Anyway, this little girl is a product of the Sugarbush ski school and a candidate for the miniblazer progam of '08-'09. She's been on skis before this season, but only on the Magic Carpet This season she has skiied from the greens to the blues and has been asking to ski Waterfall because it is a black. This is the type of request that can only be obliged by a proud father. Besides Daddy's got to get some corn!