PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Report

summitchallenger
04-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Date: April 13, 2008

2008 Trip Report #: 60!!!

Resort: Sugarbush

Conditions: MG/Ice

Weather: Cloudy Skies, snow showers, windy and cold. Highs in the 20's.

Trip Report: Short report and no pics folks. It was an interesting morning. I skied all the groomed runs because anything not groomed was pretty much solid ice.

Started at Gatehouse/North Lynx. Ouch...they groomed that side too early on Saturday night and it set up after they groomed. The result: that corduroy was not going to move at all. It was frozen in place. Groomed ice on Birch Run and even Pushover! I clicked out of the nice boards and threw on the rock skis before heading to Bravo Side.

Bravo side was groomed after the snow had set up. Birdland was probably run of the day...groomed and relatively soft and edgeable. The skier's left of Lower Organgrinder was nice as well. I did a couple laps on each and did the Valley Traverse/Snowball/Springfling run. I also hit up the summit and did two runs on Jester/Deathspout. Wow...Ripcord, Paradise, Spillsvile, and Upper OG was solid ice. Ouch. Jester skied nicely, but it got skied out fast. Snowing hard up top...and this is spring skiing?!?

So I skied from 10-1 or so...enough to get my fix...

No real pics.