PDA

View Full Version : Bush open into May?

ski_resort_observer
04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
It appears Win has not totally shut the door on being open into May. Totally sweet!! Looks like we are in for some awesome spring skiing this week. This amazing season just keeps going and going. Kinda like the Energy Bunny....:lol:

from Killingtonzone Win posted:

Last year The Bush went to May 6th. Who knows?

summitchallenger
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
It appears Win has not totally shut the door on being open into May. Totally sweet!! Looks like we are in for some awesome spring skiing this week. This amazing season just keeps going and going. Kinda like the Energy Bunny....:lol:

from Killingtonzone Win posted:

Last year The Bush went to May 6th. Who knows?

Boy I hope so...Heaven's Gate area is still deep. Gatehouse is getting thin in places...no surprise. North Lynx (Birch Run) is still holding in there. Morning Star and Sunrise are done. Castlerock is almost done. Bravo...lower part is getting thin, but upper part is in good shape. I hope it is not as warm as forecast this week.....

atkinson
04-14-2008, 09:13 AM
"Done"? The only trails we've lost are Upper Sunrise, Sleeper Chutes, and Out to Lunch. Rumble ... still open. Lower Castlerock Run ... still open. I skied Lower Birdland's high right line on Saturday. Some years, this line never fills in, but I didn't even hit a single pebble. Heck, the Mall still has good coverage and the Jaws on Middle Earth are only just starting to show some teeth.

Granted, I wear the rosy goggles. However, I'll try to get some current photos up later this afternoon as visual proof.

Regardless of what you think, don't miss this week of skiing and riding!

John

notorious
04-14-2008, 09:50 AM
The snowpack is deeper in mid-April than in any recent memory, except for last year's Easter surprise storm, which fell on a lower snowpack. There is more mountain available than most of us can handle. Slidebrook runout lasted through a mid-April weekend. First car pick-ups at the roadhead.

The Bush has been officially declared a no-whining zone.

We do not complain about weather. We ski in weather, if there is snow, until there is no snow. When the lifts close, we climb+ski.

Even Win's resources do not affect God's weather.

Besides, he's doing his best to provide offseason adrenilin rush activities for those of us with more deeply rooted addictions.

Meanwhile, we wage earning flatlanders have the best of both worlds. Biking season is upon us. Springtime has hit the Charles, if you know what I mean. The Sox beat the Yanks. The are only 280 days, thirteen hours, until the replacement of the current idiots in the White House by a new crew, who can't possibly be as bad. It's a good time to be a New Englander (with no apologies to our midAtlantic friends).

See you at the hill or the pub, my brethren and sistren, the party's not over, by a longshot.

Hawk
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
[quote="notorious"]The Bush has been officially declared a no-whining zone.
We do not complain about weather. We ski in weather, if there is snow, until there is no snow. When the lifts close, we climb+ski.
/quote]

Carefull Notorious, you might get labeled to "core" for this board.... :wink: Anyway I got out my rock skis this weekend after the premature demise of my bindings. I had to chase my ski down Steins. I'll be ready for some grass sking when the time comes but thats half the fun. :)

notorious
04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
No one moah coah than you, for a white plate flatlandah. Go Sox.

Treeskier
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I really hope we go into the at least the second weekend of May. I have to work a non-profit event the first. With out Kmart to fill my fix I am really hoping the Sugarbush we love goes long. Do you realize there is 15 feet of snow on Steins!

Will be up most of the newly extended week! Thanks Win for that week!