PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks of turns...

Last Tracks
04-06-2008, 08:21 AM
From snow report this morning.. "Sunshine is in store for today – so all that snow out there, it’ll soften up nicely as temps climb into the low 40s and the sun gets higher in the sky. I'm heading out the door to make some turns . . .

Season-to-date we've received over 23 1/2 feet of snow - that's well over average. There are two weeks of turns left, and if you've got the time, we've got the deal."

So is Sugarbush closing on Sunday, 4/20/08? No Cinco de Mayo party?

Lostone
04-06-2008, 09:15 AM
The plan previously announced was daily operations end on the 20th, with thoughts toward weekends, beyond, depending.

People coming up are a large part of the "depending" :wink:

castlerock
04-06-2008, 09:21 AM
All interested in skiing the April Vacation week of the 20th-25th, should contact Win and let him know you want to be here.

groomer
04-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I'll be thinking of all of you on the 20th whilst I roam around sunny florida wearing nothing but my shorts and flip-flops with an ice-cold bevvy in my hand!

shadyjay
04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
A great day out there today... when I left around 2, there were cars lining the access road since the main lot and the "other side of the road" lot full. They weren't parking in the area between the main lot and the village. Very decent sized crowd out today, Heaven's Gate line kept me away, and the Bravo line was medium.

While this nice soft snow and sunny skies and warm temps are nice, it'll be tough to sustain a "quality product" if this keeps up, through the end of April, considering more warm temps are in store. Best advice is "get out while you can". Coverage seemed really good on all trails... Sunrise is taking a beating, though still open. A couple new bare spots appeared throughout the day as well.

Lostone
04-06-2008, 03:35 PM
If you missed yesterday and today... you missed yesterday and today!

This is spring skiing! 8)

Not a frown to be found, no matter how I tried. :wink:

shadyjay
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
It is interesting to note that last year... we did NOT have spring skiing... we had mid-winter conditions continuing until the end of daily Lincoln Peak operations which was Sunday April 22. Everything was 100% open at L/P until that day, and there wasn't a speck of grass or dirt to be found. This was thanks to a few early April snowstorms, including last year's Good Friday-Easter dumping which led to a powder day the day after Easter. That combination was sheer luck for Lincoln Peak. I remember being all bundled up into mid April. It was highly unusual. Not a lot of people were on decks/patios. Of course, between that last weekend and the last of April, it warmed up dramatically and brought about bare spots all over.

This year... different story (so far... prove me wrong, mother nature). As long as the snow sticks around till 4/20, and beyond for one more weekend, there'll be no complaints.. And perhaps I may try to break out the shorts and ride "econo-style" next weekend, that is if the weather allows 8)

ski_resort_observer
04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh yea....totally sweet today....soft everywhere.

win
04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
How many families would be interested in skiing Monday to Friday, April 21-25?

thedisemboweler
04-06-2008, 06:49 PM

im interested in every weekend fri-sunday after the weekend of 4/20 when k shuts down....

Last Tracks
04-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Sugarbush was fantastic today. Classic Spring Skiing. Lots of people enjoying the apres ski sun as well. It's been a great year.

I know things can change fast, but I hope we have a few more weekends left.

asland
04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
win,

thanks for asking about the week of 18 -27.

My family has our school vacation that week and we would love to ski at Sugarbush. We are looking to ski the entire week (Friday the 18th to Sunday the 27th). We have been reluctantly making plans to ski at Sugarloaf or Mt. St. Anne but are holding out to see which way sugarbush goes. Both of the above are good choices but not or first choice- Sugarbush is! But, we need to make a decision soon one way or the other so we can make plans.

thanks for a great year,

asland

ps. I run a school ski program and many parents have been asking who is going to be open during our break. I would love to send more business your way.

castlerock
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
My family will as well as many of the other "regulars" we ski with during the season.

skigal
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
That week is school vacation for us as well. (Chittenden County,VT) I can not spend the week skiing but would probably ski Monday and/or Friday if open.

walks
04-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Win,

My family and I are planning on skiing that week if you guys are going to be open. Hope you can make it happen.

Thanks.

skibum1321
04-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Let's say that hypothetically there is not enough snow for LP to open on the weekend of the 26th (and business is good for the rest of the season). Is there any chance that MEllen would be reopened for that weekend only? Let's be honest, the odds of Mellen having snow is a whole lot better than the odds of LP having snow.

Plowboy
04-07-2008, 07:43 AM

We would, unless Groomer has room in his suitcase. I'm sure lots of valley kids would ski that week.(no school)

ski_resort_observer
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Let's say that hypothetically there is not enough snow for LP to open on the weekend of the 26th (and business is good for the rest of the season). Is there any chance that MEllen would be reopened for that weekend only? Let's be honest, the odds of Mellen having snow is a whole lot better than the odds of LP having snow.

Your forgetting that extra snowmaking was put on the spring trails at LP.

skibum1321
04-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if FIS lasts longer than Stein's. They also have to keep Valley House Traverse going seeing as how there is no Valley House double.

Hawk
04-07-2008, 10:11 AM

Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if FIS lasts longer than Stein's. They also have to keep Valley House Traverse going seeing as how there is no Valley House double.

I'd be willing to bet that the flats down to the summit lift will melt out faster than coffee run down to the Bravo. They blew an awfully large amount of snow on coffee run and the VH traverse this year. I guess we will see soon enough.

Strat
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
It's doubtful. Once they close, they close. Everything is shut down, boarded up, and everyone leaves, haha...