PDA

View Full Version : $1 Lift tickets

Insider
03-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Seen this one:

Warren, VT (March 27, 2008)- April Fools? Nope, this is the real deal. Sugarbush Resort today announced a ‘Pay-the-Date’ lift ticket special. It’s just “coincidence” that the day of the offering is April 1st.

To celebrate what has been an epic season with 23 feet of snow falling so far, Sugarbush will be offering $1 lift tickets this Tuesday April 1st. The catch: You must print and bring this press release to the Lincoln Peak ticket window to receive the $1 lift ticket. No press release, No $1 ticket.

The resort began celebrating spring last week with a special All-Mountain spring pass for only $199. It was the first time in recent memory Sugarbush offered such a special and sales have been higher than expected. Resort officials attribute the robust sales to the snowy season.

“It’s been a great winter,” said Sugarbush president Win Smith. “And now that spring has finally arrived and the days are sunny and the snow is soft, people are coming out to enjoy the warmth. And there’s still more than three weeks left in the season!”

To receive the $1 lift ticket on April 1, present this release and identification with the below form completed to the Lincoln Peak ticket window.

Name:___________________________________

Street Address:_____________________________

City/State/Zip:______________________________

E-mail:__________________________________________

MikeTrainor
04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I was there and looking for both people from this site, SJ and AZ. I didn't find any but I did find a few friendly people to take some runs with while I was asking.

The upper mountain was closed. Even if it was open I am not sure how good it would have been. The top of Valley house was quite firm. Conditions were not the greatest but I made a day of it and ended up having a pretty good day.

Thanks Win!

win
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Disappointing turnout! The weather was not as bad as the forecast, but we only had 200 people on the mountain and only 62 who enjoyed the $1.00 ticket, but I am pleased that some indeed came out and had fun! For all of us who want to ski into April and May, we need to beat the drums and let people know that this is the time of the year to hit the slopes in this part of Vermont!

Lostone
04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I was AMAZED that nobody was there! There was rain at the beginning and end, and it took a little while to figure how to ski it, but at $52/day, normally, you sure get full value very quickly!

And most I spoke to found it quite good. Tricks I found were:

Ski where others had been skiing (It was a little scary, at first. :shock: ) and steep was better than flat.

Those who I skied with considered it a bonus day. 8)