PDA

View Full Version : North Ridge

MntMan4Bush
03-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I was kind of disappointed to see the North Ridge down on Saturday, but will use the phrase "kind of" at the moment because we went to South and HG was great. The woods were nice, although they had some nasty snow snakes hiding under the buried crust, and Spillsville was sweet. The bumps were nice and soft and so long as you didn't turn too much or try and stop there were a few nice lines to be had staying on top.

However next weekend being North's last weekend open (At least I think it is I could be wrong) I'd really like to see that chair spinning. Anyone know what's wrong with it and if it will be up and running all weekend next weekend. Without that chair North becomes less appealing. Bravo, cross over to Extreme then over to Cliffs, Tumbler or Encore is some serious vertical of bumps that I'd like to end the season at North with. Oh yeah and a nice cold Long Trail on the deck.

win
03-24-2008, 09:02 AM
It was being deiced from the Thursday and Friday storm and the chairs had to be re-spaced because of the icing so it was a delayed opening, but it did open, and I rode it several times that morning. That is why Slidebrook did not run Saturday but did on Sunday. When you have an ice storm it is a tedious job to get the ice chipped off.

MntMan4Bush
03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Great. Thanks for the update Win. Glad to hear it'll be spinning for the finale.

BushMogulMaster
03-24-2008, 10:16 AM
It was being deiced from the Thursday and Friday storm and the chairs had to be re-spaced because of the icing so it was a delayed opening, but it did open, and I rode it several times that morning. That is why Slidebrook did not run Saturday but did on Sunday. When you have an ice storm it is a tedious job to get the ice chipped off.

http://www.sugarbush.com/images/uploaded/photo_gallery/DSC_6090A.jpg

Looks like Jason was having fun up on Summit last week as well!

ski_resort_observer
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
NR is spinning today

shadyjay
03-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Yup, was on it this morning. Seems like its in fine shape.

Though the chair removal count seems to be increasing.... or it could just be me. 8)