PDA

View Full Version : Update on the 'Rock

shadyjay
03-13-2008, 06:42 PM
A post on here the other day gave mention to Castlerock Run being groomed this week, though I didn't see it marked as such in the trail report. Was it indeed groomed? If so, has it bumped up? What are the condition of some bumps up there? I'm trying to plan which day to use my last L/P voucher until after March 30.

Recommendations, people? Thx!

win
03-13-2008, 06:46 PM
CR and Cotillion were groomed 2 days ago. I haven't skied it personally, but everyone tells me you will like it!

shadyjay
03-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Looks like I'm riding L/P on Friday then.... I hope I don't have any enemies on this board who are urging me to head down a sheet of glare ice... :?
I did Middle Earth on 3/2 and it was great - my first time up to the 'Rock, and now I got a hankerin' for some 'rockin. I smell a "Castlerock Connection to the Castlerock Chair to Castlerock Run to the Castlerock Runout to the Castlerock Pub for a Castlerock Ale" as a good run tomorrow. And if it all goes well, maybe I'll do it again!

skibum1321
03-16-2008, 07:09 PM
It seems that I'm in the minority on this board, but I'm kind of annoyed that C-Rock run was groomed. I skied it on Saturday and it was pretty crappy snow conditions and overall just boring. It would have been much better had it been left alone.

Lostone
03-16-2008, 10:31 PM
I think they had to groom it.

The ice that looks so pretty, on the trees beside the trail was also on the trail. Before that, it was skiing quite well and I doubt anyone even thought of grooming up there.

But there have been a lot of people up there, after the groom that have never, or very seldom been up there.

IMNATHO, They deserve a chance to see it, too.

You were left with Liftline and Rumble. :wink: