PDA

View Full Version : pics from today 3.12

ski_resort_observer
03-12-2008, 04:08 PM
The snow was sweet, a few spots here and there were scratchy under the 2-4" of new snow but since I ski the edges it was mostly soft and smooth. spring like conditions on the lower mountain, pretty much winter conditions on the upper part, snowing moderately but very foggy. I only went out for a couple of hours, didn't venture to the summit due to the fog.

Exterminator was the run of the day. Not being open the last couple of days left some awesome conditions. I did venture into the woods for a look see but since I was alone I didn't go in but it looked pretty good. It was 4" of soft snow on top of some soft crust. Conditions all over the mountain were diferent depending on where you were.

Still alot of ice on the trees from mid-mountain to top of Northridge chair. There was hardly any other skiers around above GMX.

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album39/ice3.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album39/ice2.sized.jpg

summitchallenger
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I personally thought that Exterminator, upper at least, was a bit dodgy...you could feel where the bumps were at one time. It was pretty slick. That said, I did find some good snow on it here and there. Elbow, Cruiser, Northstar, and Walt's Way on the other hand.....

And Lower Brambles was ssswwweeeettt. Got fresh tracks at 1:30pm. How is that possible?

Upper FIS: looked a bit too icy for me...and only the men's tee was open.

freeheel_skier
03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
and only the men's tee was open.

Now that is a commitment! 8)

ski_resort_observer
03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I personally thought that Exterminator, upper at least, was a bit dodgy...you could feel where the bumps were at one time. It was pretty slick. That said, I did find some good snow on it here and there. Elbow, Cruiser, Northstar, and Walt's Way on the other hand.....

And Lower Brambles was ssswwweeeettt. Got fresh tracks at 1:30pm. How is that possible?

It wasn't very busy and it is way over there when Inverness is not spinning. I found the middle of Elbow abit scratchy but the edges on most every run were fresh tracks. Cruiser was nice. Overall I found the snow surface conditions excellent and wish I had more time out there today.