PDA

View Full Version : spring skiing galore!

ski_resort_observer
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
What a sweet day today....it started off pretty cold but is already 26F at the base of Mellon and all the reports are that the groomers are already skiing/riding soft and sweet. Massive grooming last night. Even did a semi-annual grooming of Castlerock trail over at LP. :D

BushMogulMaster
03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
What a sweet day today....it started off pretty cold but is already 26F at the base of Mellon and all the reports are that the groomers are already skiing/riding soft and sweet. Massive grooming last night. Even did a semi-annual grooming of Castlerock trail over at LP. :D

Not to mention FIS and Exterminator.

Makes me cringe a little, but knowing what it's like up there, it makes sense. And since they were smart enough not to groom the crap out of them early season (thanks to one particular VP :wink: ), they will bump up again and be decent with a little fresh snow.

Once you till them early season, the choices are either groom them for the season, or have crappy crappy crappy icy icy icy nasty nasty nasty misformed moguls. Better to keep the kitties off the bump runs till you absolutely have to (kinda like right now).

HowieT2
03-11-2008, 08:22 PM

Not to mention FIS and Exterminator.

Makes me cringe a little, but knowing what it's like up there, it makes sense. And since they were smart enough not to groom the crap out of them early season (thanks to one particular VP :wink: ), they will bump up again and be decent with a little fresh snow.

Once you till them early season, the choices are either groom them for the season, or have crappy crappy crappy icy icy icy nasty nasty nasty misformed moguls. Better to keep the kitties off the bump runs till you absolutely have to (kinda like right now).

Why is this?
Why does grooming castlerock run makes sense but not others?

ski_resort_observer
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
You don't want to overtame the rock...other short ins and outs were groomed as well.

BushMogulMaster
03-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Why is this?

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking. Can you elaborate a little?

HowieT2
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Why is this?

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking. Can you elaborate a little?

I understood your post to indicate that too much grooming early in the season is bad. why? Don't the moguls reform once they get skied on again. Also, I don't understand why it is bad to groom the mogul trails when they are encased in an icy dome, as they were recently.
I ask because I don't know. You seem to have an educated understanding of the subject. Thanks.

madhavok
03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Why is this?

The ice domes on the other trails do need grooming, just not on the same night.