PDA

View Full Version : Josh Fox is Back - 300 inches!

Sugaree
03-06-2008, 06:52 AM
"A clipper system of uncertain significance will be the next weather item of note during the middle of next week and this will be followed by milder weather and perhaps another non-snow precipitation producer around the time of March 15th. With that said the long range is starting to take on a different look as for the first time this season we are seeing indications of what could turn out to be a major block over Greenland. Such a feature could be the catalyst for a big finish to the end of March and easily could push the seasonal snow total to over 300 inches. And yes I am aware that there are those mocking the seasonal forecast of 200 inches and would prefer to revert back to the farmers almanac which is fine with me btw. Just remember that I have said many times that the seasonal outlooks are about 55 to 60 percent accurate which means rolling the dice is almost as good (this is pretty much what is done at the farmers almanac)."

I hope he's right! And, to set the record straight, "mocking" is not entirely accurate. Glee that the seasonal forecast was wrong is about right. By the way, I am a loyal reader of the blog, and view it as yet another great asset of the MRV. Thanks Josh

HowieT2
03-06-2008, 07:37 AM
"A clipper system of uncertain significance will be the next weather item of note during the middle of next week and this will be followed by milder weather and perhaps another non-snow precipitation producer around the time of March 15th. With that said the long range is starting to take on a different look as for the first time this season we are seeing indications of what could turn out to be a major block over Greenland. Such a feature could be the catalyst for a big finish to the end of March and easily could push the seasonal snow total to over 300 inches. And yes I am aware that there are those mocking the seasonal forecast of 200 inches and would prefer to revert back to the farmers almanac which is fine with me btw. Just remember that I have said many times that the seasonal outlooks are about 55 to 60 percent accurate which means rolling the dice is almost as good (this is pretty much what is done at the farmers almanac)."

I hope he's right! And, to set the record straight, "mocking" is not entirely accurate. Glee that the seasonal forecast was wrong is about right. By the way, I am a loyal reader of the blog, and view it as yet another great asset of the MRV. Thanks Josh

Second that thought.

Tin Woodsman
03-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Me four!