PDA

View Full Version : The Flu

noski
03-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Has anyone come down with this winter's flu? There are apparently 3 strains making the rounds in the Valley- intestinal, upper respitory and lower respitory. It's all nasty. What are you tried and true methods of dealing with the flu once you get it? Me? I am staving it off the best I can, though I have the runny nose, scratchy throat symptoms....

Fourwide
03-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Caught it over Presidents' Day weekend at SB. Copious doses of Nyquil, Daycare, some cough syrup and plenty of Hall's Breezers. Drink a ton of water.

noski
03-05-2008, 02:39 PM
The flu is in my household- so washing my hands all the time, keeping my distance, drinking water, massive vitamin C intake, Zicam et al. I am going to try and NOT get it.

jkvt
03-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Has anyone come down with this winter's flu? There are apparently 3 strains making the rounds in the Valley- intestinal, upper respitory and lower respitory. It's all nasty. What are you tried and true methods of dealing with the flu once you get it? Me? I am staving it off the best I can, though I have the runny nose, scratchy throat symptoms....

Got the shot this year...and still came down with the intestinal version. So far I am just trying to keep one step ahead of the rest.

jkvt

nelsapbm
03-06-2008, 09:31 AM
It's going around over here in Burlington too...I know of at least 4 people that have had it. Lasts about a week. High fever (103ish)for 2-3 days, then kinda turns into a chest cold. Luckily I havent caught it. Knock on wood.