PDA

View Full Version : Best time to look for renting a house/condo for next season?

urban07sti
02-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey all, I've been a lurker here for a while and on alpinezone, but finally started to post.......

I fell in love with Sugarbush and the MRV the last 2 trips I've made up there this season. I have never skied up here previously, normally was a Kmart, Snow, among others. Northern VT definitely has a better feel to me, along with some great skiing, I had a blast in the woods up here on a previous trip. I'm looking to rent a house/condo with a few friends (probably 6-8 total) for next season. Obviously nearly ski-in/out would be ideal, but anything close in the area would be awesome. Any direction/advice would great. Thanks!

noski
02-29-2008, 08:35 AM
I fell in love with Sugarbush and the MRV the last 2 trips I've made up there this season. I have never skied up here previously, normally was a Kmart, Snow, among others.
I will let others with more direct experience in seasonal renting answer- but I am curious as to what prompted you to take the trip an hour north of Killington to try us out? Advertising? AZ/SkiMRV chat? Word of mouth? Friends? (and welcome!)

tomthumb
02-29-2008, 08:45 AM
A great place to start anytime is www.cyberrentals.com. It's a "for rent by owner" site. Look now, and contact the owners. Then you can drive by some of the places to check them out before the end of the season. Welcome to Sugarbush, you've made a wise choice!

ski_resort_observer
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I fell in love with Sugarbush and the MRV the last 2 trips I've made up there this season. I have never skied up here previously, normally was a Kmart, Snow, among others.
I will let others with more direct experience in seasonal renting answer- but I am curious as to what prompted you to take the trip an hour north of Killington to try us out? Advertising? AZ/SkiMRV chat? Word of mouth? Friends? (and welcome!)

Maybe it's the valley's incredible skiing/riding and the people. Regards to kmart perhaps Powdr provided an additional push.

Next question. :wink:

urban07sti
02-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Skied @ KMart b/c it was only about 2 hrs from where I went to college and I would get an All East Pass for almost free.....(worked for them).

Now that I have more choices and my pick of places to ride/ski, Sugarbush beats it hands down. Better people, better vibe, better terrain (in terms of less crowded great terrain). Oh wait, that sounds familar.......'be better here' haha. I'll be seeing you all again soon, another trip planned with my buddies. Keep the info coming....

win
02-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Did I hear you say that "Life is better here in The Mad River Valley"? Did you also say "what a difference that extra 30-35 minutes in the car makes?"

I thought so. Thanks.

urban07sti
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
That's exactly it. Also the fact that you are replying to this right now......

Just to put a face, I ran into you a few weeks ago, we spoke briefly, went to college with one of your sons. I'll be up there for at least another trip, maybe more. Keep all that snow coming....

CapeSkiGuy
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome. I am sure you will find housing to meet your needs. Glad to have you here. No kidding.

Hawk
03-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Start in the spring. Early is better because the invantory is small.
Check out: The Valley Reporter, Tack Boards at Shaws, Mehurons, etc., Real Estate Companies ( Graves, Johnson, etc.) for listings, or you can ask around at the local esablishments. People move in and out all the time so you may get lucky. That is how my sister got her rental. She was at the Dinosaur and was talking to a couple of pilots and one had a house that he olny used in the summer. Score! The house was beautiful with a view of the mountain.

urban07sti
03-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll be up in the area soon searching....hopefully run into a few of you. Couple beers on me if people can give me some good leads....