PDA

View Full Version : 2/26-2/27 Obs

HowieT2
02-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Really jealous flatlander in need of snow reports from those of you lucky enough to be up at SB.
40 degrees and starting to rain outside the office. Lovely.

TIA

noski
02-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Snowing lightly for a couple hours, covering slightly. Rt 100 is beginning to skin over and traffic is making that slushy mix that turns into crusticles under your wheel well. No/little breeze and mid 20s.

ski_resort_observer
02-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Snowing nicely up here on the mountain(Mt Ellen), couple of inches so far, many, many more to come.

groomer
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
just got done grooming mt ellen. 4" when I got there at 4. 8" when I left and still pumping and I do mean HARD! It was like being in a snow globe that some kid kept shaking. COME ON UP!

groomer
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Not exactly the fluffiest Pow. Fairly high water content, not sleet though.

HowieT2
02-27-2008, 07:41 AM
If that's not the best reporting, I don't know what is. Thanks.

freeheel_skier
02-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Looks like maybe 10"? There is a little wind. Hopefully not to windy on the mtn. Leaving shortly to go make some turns. :D

Lostone
02-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Not as much as we wanted, but it was sweeeeet! :D

Nice snow!

Heaven's Gate was only on hold for a short time.

HowieT2
02-27-2008, 05:14 PM

Nice snow!

We mustn't be greedy. I'm just thankful that I can get back into the trees this weekend. The hard surface (not to mention that I stupidly skied 7 of 8 days) took a toll on me last week. Who knows, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised by what happens friday.

kcyanks1
02-27-2008, 05:48 PM

Nice snow!

We mustn't be greedy. I'm just thankful that I can get back into the trees this weekend. The hard surface (not to mention that I stupidly skied 7 of 8 days) took a toll on me last week. Who knows, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised by what happens friday.

Are you going to be there on Saturday? I might. Likely there or MRG. If you are there, do you go to Allyn's at 10am to see if anyone shows up?

Last Tracks
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
The best run I skied all day was slide brook from North. 12" - 15". Yeah baby!

freeheel_skier
02-27-2008, 08:43 PM
It was definetly sweet! Saw the line @ Super Bravo so we decided to hit G.H. and traverse over to Castlerock. It was awesome.

HowieT2
02-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Nice snow!

Are you going to be there on Saturday? I might. Likely there or MRG. If you are there, do you go to Allyn's at 10am to see if anyone shows up?

I think that plan kind of died early in the season. Timing is tough. Saturday, I hope to be on the HG around 9 and in the Paradise woods by 9:10. After that, all bets are off.
We should meet in the CR pub after skiing, now that heavy season is over.

kcyanks1
02-27-2008, 09:35 PM

Nice snow!

I think that plan kind of died early in the season. Timing is tough. Saturday, I hope to be on the HG around 9 and in the Paradise woods by 9:10. After that, all bets are off.

I'm coming on a bus trip so can't hang around too much after lifts close (though who knows if I'll make it through the whole day...). I don't actually know 100% I'll be at SB, but their normal plan for Saturday is SB or MRG (people get to choose). If I know I'm meeting someone, I'll go to SB, otherwise probably MRG. I doubt I'll be on the slopes by 9, but I'd be in the Paradise woods eventually :-)

If we can't arrange a meet-up time, what do you wear? I have a navy jacket, black pants, black helmet, black and red Volkl skis in dire need of replacement, and am about 5'7" (I know, doesn't really make me stick out).

win
02-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Friday night could see some more accumulation. Stay tuned!

shadyjay
02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Was originally going to go out today but an arm injury yesterday kept me sidelined today so I can rest it and be ready to give it my all this wknd. So in that way, I was kinda glad the forecasted snow totals got botched. Still I'm sure it was fun out there today, though JJ on the snow phone made it sound like it was a V-Day '07 - style dump on the hill.

HowieT2
02-27-2008, 10:37 PM

Nice snow!

I'm coming on a bus trip so can't hang around too much after lifts close (though who knows if I'll make it through the whole day...). I don't actually know 100% I'll be at SB, but their normal plan for Saturday is SB or MRG (people get to choose). If I know I'm meeting someone, I'll go to SB, otherwise probably MRG. I doubt I'll be on the slopes by 9, but I'd be in the Paradise woods eventually :-)

If we can't arrange a meet-up time, what do you wear? I have a navy jacket, black pants, black helmet, black and red Volkl skis in dire need of replacement, and am about 5'7" (I know, doesn't really make me stick out).

Can't miss me out there. I'll be the guy in black pants, beige jacket and the orange backpack.

boze
02-28-2008, 12:45 AM
10" at base, 2-5" more on top depending on where wind and elevation aided the dumping. I found it to be mostly pretty light powder, not heavy especially up top. Was on Ripcord by 915am today & it was a beaut. Then to Middle Earth which by then had been tracked but still tons of fluff. Paradise Woods via Bear Claw were pretty stellar, saw HG on windhold so high-tailed it to Bravo for a run through some lower elev woods by an old lift, then it was off to Slidebrook which was just terrific - - especially after 8 days of doing mostly groomers. Wife & daughter did the pickup at SB and then did a bunch of GH & Bravo serviced stuff including getting my 7 yr old daughter into those same lower elevation woods which were surprisingly fluffy. Great day for the family on the mountain. And that was day 9 and all had smiles. Had to ask the wife to drive the final 50 miles to home in CT as I was zonked.

kcyanks1
02-28-2008, 07:34 AM

Nice snow!

Can't miss me out there. I'll be the guy in black pants, beige jacket and the orange backpack.

I'll be on the look out if I'm there.