PDA

View Full Version : Free Heeling

Sugaree
02-22-2008, 07:55 AM
We are up here for the week on vacation. Sunday and Monday were great. Skied with the Big Dogs on Sunday, and had a blast in the soft bumps on Monday. When conditions "firmed" up, the gang at Alpine Options set me up with some tele skis. Having never "free-heeled" before, I was moving into unfamiliar territory (even on Snowball). Figured it was the perfect way to turn Snowball into a challenge, and it was and then some. While John A. chided that I wasn't actually "free-heeling" (something about carving), my legs would probably disagree, as, there is no question that I was feeling the burn. Great fun. I would highly recommend trying out the tele skis, especially during the thaw/freeze periods.

skiladi
02-22-2008, 10:44 AM
We are up here for the week on vacation. Sunday and Monday were great. Skied with the Big Dogs on Sunday, and had a blast in the soft bumps on Monday. When conditions "firmed" up, the gang at Alpine Options set me up with some tele skis. Having never "free-heeled" before, I was moving into unfamiliar territory (even on Snowball). Figured it was the perfect way to turn Snowball into a challenge, and it was and then some. While John A. chided that I wasn't actually "free-heeling" (something about carving), my legs would probably disagree, as, there is no question that I was feeling the burn. Great fun. I would highly recommend trying out the tele skis, especially during the thaw/freeze periods.

I made it down a green circle at Mad River when they had a demo day couple seasons ago. I would try it again but it made me appreciate my other options. ; }