PDA

View Full Version : RANT - Parking on Route 17 by Mad River Glen

PinHead
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
How can Mad River Block a *State* highway with their parking? This weekend, the cars were parked on both sides of the hill above the ski area parking lot. Traffic was reduced to one lane on the McCollough Turnpike and waiting for skiers to cross with only one lane of traffic was painfully slow.

I'm all for the "benefits" that the ski economy brings, but it was just stupid.

Pinnah

jkvt
02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
How can Mad River Block a *State* highway with their parking? This weekend, the cars were parked on both sides of the hill above the ski area parking lot. Traffic was reduced to one lane on the McCollough Turnpike and waiting for skiers to cross with only one lane of traffic was painfully slow.

I'm all for the "benefits" that the ski economy brings, but it was just stupid.

Pinnah

Really??? There were Mad River Employees parking people up and down the road? Or was it a case of yahoos parking wildly so they could make some turns. If it was the former then I would call MRG and express your feelings. I suspect it was the later...in which case it is tough to get them to stop...although I bet it would suck to come from a full day of skiing and find the state had towed your car.

jkvt

ski_resort_observer
02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Your alittle confused...your beef is with the idots who parked there, not with MRG.

Treehugger
02-19-2008, 07:44 AM
It's actually the business's responsibility to keep their customers from parking in any way that would put public safety at risk or inhibit emergency vehicle travel. So, yeah, it really is MRG at fault.