PDA

View Full Version : Pleasingly pleasant ...

atkinson
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow again!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/IMG_3208.JPG
SB Guide Vickie in Slide Brook

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/IMG_3144.JPG
Matthew, a new friend from Quebec. Bienvenue! He told me he has been to Sugarbush forty times in the last few years and has skied something new every time.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/medium/IMG_3241.JPG
Coach Ben taking the smooth line on Sleeper

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/IMG_3250.JPG
A view of the Gate House lift line today from the 18th Hole of the base disc golf course.

With the luck we've been having in these mixed events, I wouldn't be surprised at a nice Tuesday powder morning. Dare to dream!

John

castlerock
02-18-2008, 08:04 AM
With the luck we've been having in these mixed events, I wouldn't be surprised at a nice Tuesday powder morning. Dare to dream!

Pleasantly positive thoughts on this Monday morning.

Those of a deranged man, but I'll have some of what he's having anyway!

boze
02-18-2008, 10:55 AM
And on that note, I just doubled the # of wine bottles we're bringing up for our Tues-Tues visit. :wink:

While I hope the mountain heals quickly, the pragmatic NE skier in me suspects this time it will take a series of substantial snowfalls to bury the resulting ice/crust. We'll of course just have to buck up & deal with it. But hopes of enjoying slidebrook and the glades on this trip are fading fast. Makes it easier to follow my Doc's order's and take it easy on my torn MCL...whaa. :cry:

Re-doubling my snow dance efforts and incorporating my physical therapy moves!

BushMogulMaster
02-18-2008, 11:09 AM
And on that note, I just doubled the # of wine bottles we're bringing up for our Tues-Tues visit. :wink:

While I hope the mountain heals quickly, the pragmatic NE skier in me suspects this time it will take a series of substantial snowfalls to bury the resulting ice/crust. We'll of course just have to buck up & deal with it. But hopes of enjoying slidebrook and the glades on this trip are fading fast. Makes it easier to follow my Doc's order's and take it easy on my torn MCL...whaa. :cry:

Re-doubling my snow dance efforts and incorporating my physical therapy moves!

I don't know, this (http://snowforecast.com/SugarbushResort) looks pretty promising for post-today weather. At least there will be some fresh snow to groom in and to look pretty on top before the Today Show!

SKIQUATTRO
02-18-2008, 11:11 AM
how are the guided SB tours?? the wife and i are heading up next Feb and i'd like to check that area out...

atkinson
02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I may be biased, but I think the tours are a great way to start getting to know Slide Brook and learning better off-piste/ backcountry techniques.

John

Go Figure
02-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Skiing is like a warm March afternoon.Uncycled mashed and icy areas You can set an edge into.The sun was a welcome addition to the day.
If You are planning on going out tomorrow, get Your skis sharpened today.
Noticed that the Catamount bridge across from Hiddenwood has been crushed by ice flows.The paddlers must be stoked.We are leaving
Wed. afternoon for the Presidentials for some climbing action.It certainly pays not to be one dimensional in Your winter sports. :D

Noaa forcast not so optimistic,but not sponsored by Ski area dollars.Lets hope the guns are on more than Spring Fling for the
Today Show cameras.

Presidents' Day: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Southwest wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tonight: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind between 8 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 30. West wind between 10 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind between 10 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 21. West wind between 9 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 20.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Click Map for Forecast

Lat/Lon: 44.17 -72.9 Elevation: 1673 ft

win
02-18-2008, 03:15 PM
The rain and the freezing rain same down hard last night. But the rain ended fairly early this morning. I was pleasantly surprised how things skied today. Our base held up veryt well. Even though there is a lot of moisture in the snow, it was like a Sping Day. The winds were tough so Heaven's Gate never opened at LP, but North Lynx and Summit did open. Tonight we won't be able to groom until the second shift when the temperatures come down, and we plan to open the Gate House lift at 8am and have that entire area groomed by 8am. Then we will move over to the Bravo and Heaven's Gate trails and will likely have to rope off Valley Traverse to finish Snowball and Spring Fling after Bravo turns at 9am. We are making snow on Downspout and Elbow tonight and will decide which other trails need some dusting after that. The ungroomed will be firm, but the winds today did help to dry the snow up some and we do have some snow in the forecast. Even a couple of inches will be great. I think each day will get better.

Lostone
02-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Anyone who bypassed today... blew it.

I delayed getting out a little, but when I did, the snow was great. Everything was soft, spring snow, but mostly fast, off Bravo. (Some of Gatehouse was still a little sticky.)

Wouldn't object to a couple feet of fresh snow, tho. :wink:

boze
02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Wish I'd been able to get up there sooner, since it looks like by the time we arrive tomorrow that pre-mature Spring corn will transform back into solid form as the temps are dropping rapidly. :?

It would've (unfortunately) been a good test for my supposedly bomb-proof Arcteryx hard shell :twisted:

Go Figure
02-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Upper Village 5/16" of new powder, Get it before its gone.

Hawk
02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
I have to agree with Lostone. Got on the hill just after the 10 am shower and skied until the 1:30 shower. The weather was 51 degrees and partly sunny. Great way to polish off the 3 day weekend. Looks like snow for next weekend.

Think snow everybody!