PDA

View Full Version : Who played hookey on ME/LP today? 2/13/08

TimKeogh
02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I'd easily pay $25 at one of those fake excuse sites to get out on those fresh tracks...

Reply here if you blew off work/school/whatever to ski!

Grrh (back to work)

Strat
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Well about every school in the state was closed today, so we didn't have to skip. It was awesome just the same.

shadyjay
02-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Day 24 is in the books....
ME from 1030 to 1pm, was interesting weather that's fer sure. Truck had some issues on the way there - still no heat in the 'Cruiser, and went through a bottle of washer fluid as the freezing rain was freezing to my cold windshield. When I left WBY, it was snowing, then changed to sleet around 100/100B jct, then snow/mix at the Mt Ellen base. Up top was hard as a rock for a little while on Rim Run, then softened up by the curve at Northridge. About 1 hr after I arrived, it turned back to all snow from mid-mtn, up to summit, and coming down hard. Cliffs was my first run - was going to do Bravo again towards the end but my last run on Elbow->Northway->Walt's killed me. My board stopped moving on the inclines and then I noticed it was raining and it was slush. Still managed to keep up speed to go past the I-base, around the back of the lodge, past the GMX and rope tow, and down to the p-lot. Was going to do Encore but want to save my energy for L/P tomorrow.

Its funny - a lot of people at work question why I take days off to go snowboarding. They say "doesn't it get boring after a while?" "why do you waste your time?" etc etc.
My reply to them - until you try it, you'll never know. Every day is different. Every trail is different. And on a nice powder day (like last Thurs), well, we all know the answers!
Plus, you have to ride it while we've got it, 'cause who knows what next week or next month will bring.

8)

Yard Sale
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Day 24 is in the books....

Its funny - a lot of people at work question why I take days off to go snowboarding. They say "doesn't it get boring after a while?" "why do you waste your time?" etc etc.
My reply to them - until you try it, you'll never know. Every day is different. Every trail is different. And on a nice powder day (like last Thurs), well, we all know the answers!
Plus, you have to ride it while we've got it, 'cause who knows what next week or next month will bring.

8)

Powder days are too few and far between even right after enjoying one. Winter is fleeting. . . and so is cartilage.
Gotta get'em while you can.

Nice report.