PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush 2/9/08

kcyanks1
02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
http://forums.alpinezone.com/23915-sugarbush-2-9-08-a.html

freeheel_skier
02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Good choice to ski SB on Sat. I head MRG was crazy packed on Sat. I saw a few MRG regulars @ ME on Sat.

kcyanks1
02-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Good choice to ski SB on Sat. I head MRG was crazy packed on Sat. I saw a few MRG regulars @ ME on Sat.

That was the thinking. MRG still had very long lines on Sunday, but I suspect that Saturday was a nightmare.

MikeTrainor
02-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Mad River was pretty packed on Saturday. I got there early and got 2 quality runs off the double before having to wait in a line. Lines at the double were not all that bad. I did wait 40 minutes at the single right before my early lunch. After lunch lines were a but shorter but I would say the single was still about 30 minutes or so.

freeheel_skier
02-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I did wait 40 minutes at the single right before my early lunch. After lunch lines were a but shorter but I would say the single was still about 30 minutes or so.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Treeskier
02-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I skied Sunday at the River. While the lines were up to 1/2 hour long it was great to ski their trees. Which where full of snow and steep! They even opened those front 2 faces under the Single. Which I understand opened once in Dec. Once last year and the time before that was eaons maybe 20 plus year ago.

It is really nice to have such a great neighbor next door.

kcyanks1
02-12-2008, 08:55 AM
I skied Sunday at the River. While the lines were up to 1/2 hour long it was great to ski their trees. Which where full of snow and steep! They even opened those front 2 faces under the Single. Which I understand opened once in Dec. Once last year and the time before that was eaons maybe 20 plus year ago.

The wait in line was totally worth it. There aren't many places I'd say that about--Castlerock chair at SB and MRG. Those drops under the single were cool. I knew they rarely opened, but I didn't realize that before last year it had been 20 seasons. Wow! There must have been other times they could have opened. Change in philosophy?

Treehugger
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM

The wait in line was totally worth it. There aren't many places I'd say that about--Castlerock chair at SB and MRG. Those drops under the single were cool. I knew they rarely opened, but I didn't realize that before last year it had been 20 seasons. Wow! There must have been other times they could have opened. Change in philosophy?

Those pitches open much more than once every 20 years, but patrol is highly selective about when the ropes drop. Open today,closed again tomorrow, then wait til another big dump.

kcyanks1
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM

Those pitches open much more than once every 20 years, but patrol is highly selective about when the ropes drop. Open today,closed again tomorrow, then wait til another big dump.

Guess I lucked out again. Very off chance I make it back up this weekend. Hopefully they'll be open again. Can't imagine what lines will be like on President's weekend with good conditions. Does MRG limit ticket sales at any point?

Windshield Ski Bum
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
MRG ticket sales are only limited by the parking. I would head to ME on Sat, but my daughter is doing therJr. Mogul Challange.

Hopefully it will be cold as He##, and that will temper the lines.