PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT 2/7 - Its not V-Day, but it kinda felt like it

shadyjay
02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Got the Mt Ellen around 9am and by 9:15 was at the GMX lift line after gearing up. First run, Cruiser, was delightful - freshly groomed on the right side, powder on the left. Next, Rim Run via the North Ridge, which had the same treatment. Up the summit, Rim Run was groomed left, and a nice little jump before the flats, which snuck up on me, but it was fun, despite having to unstrap to make it through the flat. Lookin' Good was a gem. Then Elbow to Cruiser again to the base. Heading up GMX, it was time for something different, and I do mean different. Cliffs beckoned. I talked to someone earlier and they said it was awesome - no ice, no bumps. I'd have to agree, and making my way down it, it was a nice powder run top to bottom. Headed back up the GMX and had my hand at Hammerhead. Wow - some big ass bumps on this run! But they were all light and fluffy and a real treat. It took me a while to get down it, but there was just me and one or two other people and we were spread out so there was no pressure. If I needed to stop and break, I pulled off into the woods. The pitch didn't bother me one bit. The bumps were fun. Up Northridge, down Elbow to Encore. I scoped it out earlier from the lift - "hey I can do that". Powder days give you some b*!!s, and I had more fun on it dancing in the pow - a couple bumps, but about 1/4 the size of those on HHead. Back up for a few more runs off the summit, Rim Run, Lookin Good, Elbow, then down to the base. Ahh.. one more time! Cliffs I had to repeat and it was just as good as before. With tunes blasting in my helmet, the day flew by. Got to the base at about 1:15, off to the 'Cruiser, and bailed. A perfect day with excellent snow. Didn't make it over to the Inverness area, but I'm sure there'll be fun to be had over their this wknd. Tumbler will wait for the next dumping. But at least, I can check off HHead, Cliffs, and Encore. .... SWEETNESS ....

full report over at shadyjay.com later today, with PICS!