PDA

View Full Version : cell phones in Vermont

ski_resort_observer
02-07-2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.saminfo.com/

MikeTrainor
02-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Do you know if this applies at all to the MRV? It seem odd they would do Burke but not the MRV.

ski_resort_observer
02-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Hoping Jay will chime in. Perhaps things in the MRV will change in the future when/if Verizon's proposal to buy Unicell goes thru.

We already know that Verizon wants out of the business for landlines via their desire to sell the whole division for Vt/NH/ME to Fairpoint Communications. To say that this proposal is finding strong oppostion is all three states would be an understatement.

Since the MRV has it's own phone company I wonder if this makes the valley less attractive to the major carriers. I know noski has checked into this in the past.

Bubba
02-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Since the MRV has it's own phone company I wonder if this makes the valley less attractive to the major carriers. I know noski has checked into this in the past.

I, for one, would be thrilled if there was a little healthy competition for phone service in the valley.

jkvt
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM

I, for one, would be thrilled if there was a little healthy competition for phone service in the valley.

Bahhh Verizon 8) ...I want ATT so I can get an iPhone (that I don't have to hack)

jkvt

random_ski_guy
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.saminfo.com/

sweet

shadyjay
02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Verizon [Wireless] is a step closer to getting service in the Valley. There are 3 sites with locations "to be determined" that are "hot" as we call it. They are Sugarbush, MRG, and Smuggs. We fast-tracked two towers, a temp one at the base of Stowe and another at Mt Snow, both of which are online - Jay Peak's tower has been online for a couple years now. Service from WRJ-Windsor hasn't improved yet as the new tower isn't turned on yet. That should free up the Ex 9-10 dead zone on 91. Also within the past several months, 1X has been replaced with EV (which is Vcast and such) on most towers. EV was formerly only available in greater Burlington.
Apparently I have heard Unicel has gone live (or will go live) on MRG at IIRC the bird cage. Knowing little about MRG, "that's all I have to say about that".