PDA

View Full Version : New Snow Stoke

castlerock
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I haven't sensed the appropriate level of enthusiasm about the current weather and short term outlook.

Come on folks! What is happening now? I want reports, etc!

WAKE UP PEOPLE! (apologies to Pepsi Co)

teleo
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm betting they are all skiing

win
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Skied Birch, Snowball, Spring Fling, Twist, Domino. Spillsville, Paradise, CR and the woods off of it first thing this am.

First tracks were great. Heavier as it got skied it. Fabulous additional base building and snow coming in the next few days. We will start to groom a number of infrequently groomed trails to set them up for the rest of the season now that they have enough snow on them, they are firm enough for a groomer and we see snow coming afterwards. Maybe Twist and Moonshine tonight! February is doing what February should!

aejkb
02-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Skied Birch, Snowball, Spring Fling, Twist, Domino. Spillsville, Paradise, CR and the woods off of it first thing this am.

First tracks were great. Heavier as it got skied it. Fabulous additional base building and snow coming in the next few days. We will start to groom a number of infrequently groomed trails to set them up for the rest of the season now that they have enough snow on them, they are firm enough for a groomer and we see snow coming afterwards. Maybe Twist and Moonshine tonight! February is doing what February should! The fact that the Owner/CEO wrote this response is incredible. We are very lucky to be "shareholders" in this venture. Thank you, I will keep coming and continue to spread the word to my friends.

shadyjay
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Given our current load of work, I have decided to take Thurs off and enjoy some midweek powder turns. Its currently still snowing in Waterbury and I'm guessing $s to donuts that its probably still snowing on the mtn. 89 was surprisingly in excellent shape with not a drop of snow on it, though can't say that for other state roads. So in the morning, instead of going to the office for a half day, I'm going to enjoy Mt Ellen. SWEET!

atkinson
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
It's not that good Mike. Better stay home and paint the bathroom this weekend. ;)

For everyone else, we need your help tracking things up! It's fresh all over the place and not enough people to cover the mountain.

OTOH, I dig these low-stress freshies.

John

noski
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I liked it when weatherman Roger Hill referred to the MRV as "ground zero" this morning when talking about the snowfall 8)

HowieT2
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Especially thoughtful of mother nature putting the pause on friday drive time. Nice.

Hawk
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
It's looking good. 3-4" of glue yesterday.....10"+ today.....another 8"- 10" tomorrow...Wow! Also Fox and Braaten are aligned and stoked about the Saturday night and Sunday event. They are saying foot + with good upslope potential. Bring it on. 8)

Bubba, you ready for that adventure you were talking about? :wink:

Yard Sale
02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Photos? . . . Anyone? . . . Beuler?

bill-now
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Twist is being groomed right now.

atkinson
02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
No photos from today, the weather machine wasn't conducive to electronics or lenses. The mountain is back and covered in several layers of solid base and newly fallen goo. Temps seem to be dropping again and more snow on the way? Yeah!

I'll try for some pics tomorrow, when it's going to be even better.

John

p.s. Fat skis and snowboards rule. The Legend Crows with 110mm underfoot were sublime.

castlerock
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
OK, John, I'll paint your bathroom if you hook me up with some of the Dyanastar Egos. I do need a fatter stick than the 94s I'm riding. Katanas?

groomer
02-07-2008, 08:28 AM
12 years of grooming and I don't think Ive seen snow so hard as it did around 10:30 last night. Kind of mesmerized you, hard to keep eyes uncrossed. fresh corduroy was all filled in when I left at midnight! WINTER IS BACK! :P

Yard Sale
02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
No photos from today, the weather machine wasn't conducive to electronics or lenses. The mountain is back and covered in several layers of solid base and newly fallen goo. Temps seem to be dropping again and more snow on the way? Yeah!

I'll try for some pics tomorrow, when it's going to be even better.

John

p.s. Fat skis and snowboards rule. The Legend Crows with 110mm underfoot were sublime.

If there's too much snow falling today for photos, that's O.K. with me. I understand. Maybe you could take an ice beard shot when you take a break.

See ya Saturday.

Lostone
02-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I could get to like this crap! :lol:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/icon_snow.gif