PDA

View Full Version : News

Go Figure
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Skiing was ok today at MRG, as Skiing Ian said stay in the piles and avoid the slick between.
OH YEA HERES' TO YOU ALL GO GO GO GO GO GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

HowieT2
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Skiing was ok today at MRG, as Skiing Ian said stay in the piles and avoid the slick between.

Down Goes Brady!
Down Goes Brady!
Down Goes Brady!
Down Goes Brady!

How sweet it is!

freeheel_skier
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM

Down Goes Brady!
Down Goes Brady!
Down Goes Brady!
Down Goes Brady!

How sweet it is!

Move to Misc. :arrow:

MntMan4Bush
02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Move to Killington Forum..................... :evil:

chuck
02-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Wait - didn't Brady go down SIX times......heh heh heh - GO GIANTS

Lostone
02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Moved to Misc.

Please feel free to continue here. 8)

Yard Sale
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Ya gotta hand it to 'em they won. No sense cry'n about it. At least the Yankees still suck.

freeheel_skier
02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Ya gotta hand it to 'em they won. No sense cry'n about it. At least the Yankees still suck.

Amen brother! :lol:

HowieT2
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM
you must be really hurting falling back on the old "yankees suck" refrain in february.

Yard Sale
02-04-2008, 10:56 AM
you must be really hurting falling back on the old "yankees suck" refrain in february.

Hurting? Nonsense! Women and childeren first? Poppycock! Now, let me in that damned lifeboat. I dub thee the S.S. Yankees Suck. Now if only I had paddle and a compass, I could find my way to shore.

freeheel_skier
02-04-2008, 12:00 PM

No not really. I was just laughing that someone brought it up. Football isn't my first choice of sports to follow.

Giants played better. Therefore they deserve to win. The fact that the Pats went a whole season undefeated only to loose the big game......that blows. Patriots just played a crappy game.

Now if the Giants lost.......you guys would crucify poor Eli!

shadyjay
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I almost threw up this morning watching the news on NECN - the newscasters were basically crying. However, Pats fans have nothing to be ashamed of - they won every game this season up until the Super Bowl. That's an accomplishment. And of course, the Giants came and did what many though was impossible... take down the Pats, and they did excellently. I'm a born-and-bred Giants fan when it comes to football, so I was riding high when the game ended (and so was my fam in CT when my dad called me - all I heard was cheers in the background). EXCELLENT JOB, GIANTS!

Go Figure
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
23-3 Your Grandchildren will not see this go the other way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go YANKEES

castlerock
02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
What is 23-3?

ScoobySnack
02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it is World Series victories of Yankees vs. Red Sox. Though nobody cares about sports championships that were won decades ago (well, other than Mercury Morris).

Yard Sale
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
23-3 Your Grandchildren will not see this go the other way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go YANKEES

Interesting point. But they still . . . well, you know. Anyway, enjoy the Giants.

MntMan4Bush
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Alright, alright enough. It's ridiculous to argue that the Giants are a better team then the Pats. Let's look at some facts, namely the Pats went 16-0 in the regular season and the Giants went 10-6. The Pats set several records during the regular season to include most touchdown passes and receptions in a single regular season. They are a monster. However the reason I love watching football is that no matter what your record is on game day every team has a chance and can win. It's called Any Given Sunday and it makes football great and worth watching. The Giants played a great game and I hate to say it but Belichick was out coached and Brady out played. A couple of major factors I thought that contributed to our loss:

1) Our offensive line, which has been given credit all season long, failed. When our outside corners were being crushed by the Giants defensive line we should have sent some help in to shore up our linemen. Never happened and Brady got hit more times then a Pinata on Cinco De Mayo

2) 4 and 13 and they go for it. They were in field goal range. Granted a long one, but within his range. We hadn't had a 13 yard play yet in the game so what was that call about? Incidentally we lost by 3 points. Hmmm. Bad calls come back to you. I'd like to say that I'm not a MMQB but I was yelling at the TV that it was the wrong call as it was set up. There is a permanent hat print in the hard wood floor where my buddy threw down in disgust as they lined up.

3) Eli gets the ball batted out of his hands, the Pats recover it, the play is dead and last minute it gets ripped from his hands by the giants who come up with the ball. Plain as day on the replay. Belichick who usually throws more red flags then Shaq missed free throws oddly quiet on the sidelines. Did he leave it in his other sock?

4) Burress catches a bomb (great pass and location by the way.) down the left field line. All great execution catching it almost out of bounds (he was clearly in) except for the fact that he stiff armed Hobbs. A lot easier to make the catch when you beotch slap your defender.

5) Any number of Brady passes that came no where near the intended receiver. Most notably the final bomb to Moss. He didn't give him a chance to catch the pass let alone the possibility of an interference call. Brady was not on his game and it showed. Frankly I blame Giselle.

So to say the Giants are a better team, I don't think so. Any team can look at a number of factors that influenced the game and call foul, but I will admit they certainly outplayed the Pats when it counted. It was painful to watch. Who knows how. It's kind of like wondering why a guy that looks like Kid Rock ends up with a girl that looks like Pam Anderson. No one will ever know, but sometimes people out perform expectations, sometimes they get lucky and sometimes its a bit of both.

Hey Spring Training starts soon and he Sox will be on. as one poster aptly put it, the Yankees suck so let's pray for some snow and hunker down waiting for the boys of summer.

castlerock
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I think it is World Series victories of Yankees vs. Red Sox.

If that was what GoFigure was figuring, he was figuring WRONG. Typical NY fan, fast and loose with(out) the facts.

The Yankees have won 26 World Series, the Red Sox have won 7.

So, what is 23-3?

Treehugger
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh, come on. The Giants are the best team in the NFL. The facts speak for themselves. Pats beat everybody, then Giants beat Pats. That doesn't prove it? :?

Tin Woodsman
02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I think it is World Series victories of Yankees vs. Red Sox.

If that was what GoFigure was figuring, he was figuring WRONG. Typical NY fan, fast and loose with(out) the facts.

The Yankees have won 26 World Series, the Red Sox have won 7.

So, what is 23-3?

Quoted for truth. The number of Yankee fans who are completely ignorant of facts and history is stunning. My God, I would have figured you'd at least get the numbers of NYY World Series victories correct. Can't wait to attend the Sox games in the Bronx Bedpan this year and see what clever new shirts the Yankee fans will be wearing to assuage their grief. The big one since 2004 was the silly notion that 2004 was a fluke and that the Sox wouldn't win again for another 86 years. Ooops. Now what? Hopefully it will be something relevant to this millenium.

Bubba
02-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Oh, come on. The Giants are the best team in the NFL. The facts speak for themselves. Pats beat everybody, then Giants beat Pats. That doesn't prove it? :?

"everybody" inludes the giants. Remember?

Here's a question for everyone...
Which of these teams is most likely to make it to the super bowl next year?

Yard Sale
02-06-2008, 07:55 AM

Uh, that would be the Pats.

Treehugger
02-06-2008, 11:03 AM

Yeah, but the Pats were just lucky on that one. Giants have their number. BTW, really didn't mean that last post as actual logic...

Fourwide
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Caught the Bill Simmons webcast last week, commenting on the Mets' acquisition of Santana and related matters. Here are the candidates for the Yank's rotation (no particular order)--Wang/Pettitte/Hughes/Kennedy/Mussina/Chamberlain. Pettitte and Mussina look washed up. Wang had a very tough second half, as he couldn't spot the sinker. Hughes, Kennedy and Chamberlain will be on pitch counts. Reeks of 82-80, according to Simmons, and I agree. Full disclosure--I'm a Mets' fan.

MntMan4Bush
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry you'll have t speak into my good ear. This one's like a teenager. It hardly listens anymore. Did you just say the Pats were lucky??? So the pats had 18 straight "lucky" games and I'm sure the Giants just had 6 unlucky ones. If anything the Giants had a little luck on Sunday. Not to take away definitely they out played the Pats, but got lucky on some plays for sure. Of patricular note, Teflon Eli slipping away from the sack, Asante Samuel having eli send him a textbook pass and it slipped through his hands, and of course Hobbs getting beotch slapped down the sideline with no call for push off offensive PI. To say they have the Pats number is outrageous. In 10 matchups against the Pats the Giants might walk away winners twice. Unfortunately for us they did so in the biggest matchup. Them's the breaks. I'd gladly have the Pats play no one but the Giants all season next year. We'd have an easy playoff berth. Speaking of playoffs let's see if the Giants make it next year.......Enjoy your time in the sun, but don't make outlandish remarks. You sound like a Yankees fan...... :twisted:

Yard Sale
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
BTW, really didn't mean that last post as actual logic...

That was apparent, but it is comforting to know you realize it. :lol:

Treehugger
02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm sorry you'll have t speak into my good ear. This one's like a teenager. It hardly listens anymore. Did you just say the Pats were lucky??? So the pats had 18 straight "lucky" games and I'm sure the Giants just had 6 unlucky ones. If anything the Giants had a little luck on Sunday. Not to take away definitely they out played the Pats, but got lucky on some plays for sure. Of patricular note, Teflon Eli slipping away from the sack, Asante Samuel having eli send him a textbook pass and it slipped through his hands, and of course Hobbs getting beotch slapped down the sideline with no call for push off offensive PI. To say they have the Pats number is outrageous. In 10 matchups against the Pats the Giants might walk away winners twice. Unfortunately for us they did so in the biggest matchup. Them's the breaks. I'd gladly have the Pats play no one but the Giants all season next year. We'd have an easy playoff berth. Speaking of playoffs let's see if the Giants make it next year.......Enjoy your time in the sun, but don't make outlandish remarks. You sound like a Yankees fan...... :twisted:

Man, lighten up. I meant the pats were lucky beating the Giants in the last regular season game. Of course the pats are a great team, and they also had calls go their way in the big game. And, yeah, the Giants had their number. Who else put it to Brady like that this season?

Hawk
02-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Alright, alright enough. It's ridiculous to argue that the Giants are a better team then the Pats. Let's look at some facts, namely the Pats went 16-0 in the regular season and the Giants went 10-6. The Pats set several records during the regular season to include most touchdown passes and receptions in a single regular season. They are a monster. However the reason I love watching football is that no matter what your record is on game day every team has a chance and can win. It's called Any Given Sunday and it makes football great and worth watching. The Giants played a great game and I hate to say it but Belichick was out coached and Brady out played. A couple of major factors I thought that contributed to our loss:.......

Here's one more. During Eli's last big drive, the Giant's coach ran out onto the feild and grabed the ref. to call a time out. That is a 15 yard penalty and loss of down. That would have been game right there. God knows if NE did that the penalty would have been called instantly.