PDA

View Full Version : Skip & Charly

Bubba
01-28-2008, 07:11 AM
If you haven't heard...
Long time lifties, Skip and Charly lost their home to the weather a couple of weeks ago.
A fund has been created for their benefit. If you are interested in helping these two great members of the Sugarbush community, please see Harry at the guest services desk.

Lostone
01-28-2008, 07:55 AM
That was nice.

I heard about this and have helped a little, but never even thought of posting it here. :?

Thanx for doing so. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
01-28-2008, 09:41 AM
That was nice.

I heard about this and have helped a little, but never even thought of posting it here. :?

Any report on how the sale went? Skip told me the other day he has a roofer all lined up so hopefully the work can begin soon. Skip and a bunch of us are perfectly capable of putting up a roof but the catch-22 is that we are all working right now with maybe 1 day off a week, including Skip so that option isn't workable.

HowieT2
01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
That was nice.

Any report on how the sale went? Skip told me the other day he has a roofer all lined up so hopefully the work can begin soon. Skip and a bunch of us are perfectly capable of putting up a roof but the catch-22 is that we are all working right now with maybe 1 day off a week, including Skip so that option isn't workable.

I don't understand. Do these guys need a place to sleep or just some money for repairs?

ski_resort_observer
01-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Raising money for a new roof...they do have a place to stay for the time being. Thanks for asking.

Hawk
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
From what I was told, they don't have the money to make the repairs on the house. I guess the house is very old and in disrepair. The wind and snow load caused it to cave in. I will be making a donation this weekend. They are good people.