PDA

View Full Version : Cheep lodging options

nebcskier
01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi there,

I am new to this forum, but somewhat active on others. I have always found great advice from local folks on forums.

Anyways, myself and two others are participating in the MRG --> SB Rando race next weekend and looking for lodging options. We'll consider all options including offers for floor space, we'd be happy to provide a nice dinner and drinks for the evening.

Thanks for your help.

nebcskier
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Bump - To add the date of February 3rd, so we're only looking for options for Saturday night.

So many views, but no responses... :oops:

ski_resort_observer
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=65&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cheap+lodging

Not really any 'cheap" lodging in the valley as in Motel 6 et al. Best price would be around $80 for a peak season weekend room somewhere. Suggest you call the places in the above thread using www.madrivervalley.com for phone numbers. The Golden Lion gets high marks in here for price, it's near the resort, great breakfast(included), nice rooms and friendly owners but might be already booked being this close to the weekend your looking for..

BTW, looking for just a Sat night will make it more dificult, at this time most places will be looking for both nights unless they do have a room with just a Sat night open. Good luck.

gone.skiing
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Look for ski houses that accept guests. That might be your cheapest option.