PDA

View Full Version : School House Market

MntMan4Bush
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I know there have been a number of restaurant closings in the area, but I just noticed that the School House Market at the base of the Roxbury Gap road is closed. I had thought that I was just missing limited opening times when I drove by but someone told me there is a sign saying they are closed. That's a shame. They had some outstanding cheeses and desserts and were always so friendly. Is it possible they just changed venues and moved? Does anyone know more about this?

Thank you

Yard Sale
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
They lost their lease.

http://www.valleyreporter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=997&Itemid=1

MntMan4Bush
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Thank you very much for the article. That was such a great little store. I'm sad to see it's gone. There was no mention of if the store was re-opening elsewhere . I think I'm specifically concerned about the cheeses and double chocolate pecan pies. I've been wanting some for some time now. Wasn't it a young girl who made the cheeses and she had won an award or two for them? Does she sell them elsewhere in town? I can't seem to remember the name of the famr, but I think it was 3 shepherds or something like that.