PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the ride - pretty woman in her Audi

jwt
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Once again, standing waiting for the bus headed to North I am offered a ride by the local folk ( Ct plate). This is what I remember America to be like as a kid. . . . . . . instead of worrying if I'll be the axe man, she offers a ride, even with her small (9?) son in the car. . . . . . . this is the slice of America we come for. . . .great 60's-like skiing, live and let be attitudes, and neighborly jestures.
Not quite sure why, but I am guessing there are few other ski areas who would have such opportunities, jestures, and people.

A few ski friends were commenting on lack of lines both days. . . . . I keep reminding them, short of lift or wind issues , it is ALWAYS like this, has been for years, and one main reason many of us come here. Adding another 1000 a day would not have a negative impact on the experience. We have the capacity and the terrain. We got the staff and the right attitude. The last two are a direct result of leadership. It's all good.

Now if the r*!n can pack the snow a bit and add 6" on top by the weekend, we're all good!

random_ski_guy
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I had the same experience last year. Nice gentlemen with a brand new SAAB SUV offered a ride from the bus stop to my car at a distant parking lot. I think he had Mass plates, but I don't exactly recall. Anyway I thought the offer was doubly nice considering I had to track some snow into the back seat of his new ride.

HowieT2
01-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I had the same experience last year. Nice gentlemen with a brand new SAAB SUV offered a ride from the bus stop to my car at a distant parking lot. I think he had Mass plates, but I don't exactly recall. Anyway I thought the offer was doubly nice considering I had to track some snow into the back seat of his new ride.

Who wants to ride with some guy in a SAAB when there are nice looking woman in Audis around :P

freeheel_skier
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM

Who wants to ride with some guy in a SAAB when there are nice looking woman in Audis around :P

Porterhouse!!!!! There is a brown Audi parked in my parking spot. Call a tow truck and have it hauled away immediatly!

random_ski_guy
01-07-2008, 11:39 PM

Porterhouse!!!!! There is a brown Audi parked in my parking spot. Call a tow truck and have it hauled away immediatly!

Nice, Caddyshack never gets old. But when I read Howie's response I was thinking Christie Brinkley from National Lampoon's Vacation.

HowieT2
01-08-2008, 07:55 AM

Nice, Caddyshack never gets old. But when I read Howie's response I was thinking Christie Brinkley from National Lampoon's Vacation.

She was in a red Ferrari, but I'd imagine they don't do so well in the snow.

madhavok
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
This thread is worthless without pics.

skiladi
01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
This thread is worthless without pics. :worthless:

BoxOfRain
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
I think I got picked up by the same lady. We made a late run down slidebrook and were the only one's waiting for the bus. She pulls up in an A4 Avant, pretty as can be. Grabbed my skis out of my hands, throws them in the back and drives us to Lincoln. She up here from CT for the entire winter, her kid is in the ski program. Real nice gesture...thanks, If you ever get to read this.

jwt
03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
that's her. . .CT plates, white A-4 wagon. . . . . . power tailgate. . . . . . kids in mountain programs. . . .thanks again!

The Slide was a nice in end of March as it was in Dec. . only deeper. . . . . . . mentioned to Win that this has to be the most consistent snow in SB ever. . . . . . . .he agreed... . . . . . . . .it's all good. . . . unless you weren't up here.

BHL
03-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Sh*t, jwt, I gotta start hanging out with you!! I AM some guy in a SAAB and I want to meet this Audi chick. What do I have to do, ski the trees or something? You gotta be kiddin' me for cryin' out loud . . .

jwt
03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Mr BHL,
I have a few suggestions for you - 1. Get rid of the GM, er, the Saab; 2. Never bring your teenage kid with you into SB if you plan on meeting up with pretty girls in Audi's; 3. Stop wearing a tux to the BLT and start wearing underwear or a sheet; 4. And most importantly - change your political bent - we tend to do far better in the ski bunny arena - not sure why - but it works.

Keep skiing trees though. . . . . . . . and always stay away from courdoroy - like tobacco - it seems nice - but it's a slow killer.

BoxOfRain
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
She's married, for sure. Very nice woman, took the time to tell us about some recent stashes she had skied. I noticed the power tailgate as well.